Discuss 17th Edition enquiry in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dave19

Hi all,

A couple of things. I am looking to do the 17th edition. I have made the odd enquiry and I have been quoted about £400. I can't really afford this and wanted to know if anyone knows of any places where I can do the exam only which will hopefully cost a lot less. I live in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
Secondly, does anyone have any past papers or discs etc that you would kindly pass onto me so I can get some practice in ? Would really appreciate any help.

Dave.

TRY YOU LOCAL COLLEGE/S. AVERAGE COST IS £240 - £250, INC. EXAM. ALL YOU NEED IS THE bs7671 AND OSG, AND KNOW HOW TO LOOK UP THE ANSWERS. MY TIP IS TO ANSWER THE ONES YOU KNOW FIRST, THEN THE HARDER ONES, THEN THE MORE OBSCURE LAST. YOU NEED 60% TO PASS. MOST GUYS GET 80-100%.

Thanks for the reply. This might be a really stupid question but how do you know where to find the answers in the book ? If you have an example question and how you would go abouts knowing where to look for the answer in the BS7671 book.

because the regs. book is in sections. e.g. if the q is about earthing, you look in chapter 54. bathrooms, 701, etc. your course will take you through it step by step. first thing you need is a cop0y of the regs. and start reading.

because the regs. book is in sections. e.g. if the q is about earthing, you look in chapter 54. bathrooms, 701, etc. your course will take you through it step by step. first thing you need is a cop0y of the regs. and start reading.

OK, thanks. If anyone else is out there with any past papers I would be very grateful

i wouldn't worry. your tutor should give you homework questions each week. that's the best practice you can get, so it's all fresh in your mind on the day of the exam.

You will struggle to get any past papers on the 1st amendment exam. Most if not all past papers will be based on the old red book. If you try to find the answers to them in the new version, you could be a while, and without the assistance you would get doing the course, how do you know you have answered the correctly.

You have asked "How do i know where to find the answers in the book"? Tel is right it is in Parts, but you need to know which part to look in, or at least have a good idea, this is where the course comes in. I appreciate your financial position, but if you waste money doing 3 or 4 resits if you fail, then you may have just as well done the course and passed first time.

But good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Cheers...........Howard

if you have a green BS7671,(2011 edition), practice answering questions thrown up on this forum. look it up, no pressure, then check your answers against those thrown up by us beerheads.

if you have a green BS7671,(2011 edition), practice answering questions thrown up on this forum. look it up, no pressure, then check your answers against those thrown up by us beerheads.

I just realised that I will have to buy the new green book as well !!! I have the old red one ; (

Reply to 17th Edition enquiry in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net