Discuss 17th edition update. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rossi8c

Hi. I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks but this is my first post.

I'm looking to get back in to the trade after a few years away. I have my 236 16th edition and I am looking to get my 17th edition update. Am i right in thinking that I want the City and Guilds 2382-12.

The reason i ask is that after looking on one of the courses online it states

"No formal entry requirements. As a general rule candidates should have knowledge of electrical installation and electrical science"

Excuse the silly question but I thought the course was just for updating older qualifications. If I'm wrong could someone help by putting me on the right track.

Thank you.

Even if you had the option...do the full course, when I did my 17th, there were guys there who were coming back to the trade and they had MAJOR issues with some stuff as its quite different from the 16th.
Biggest thing is...keep an open mind and avoid thinking "but that goes against the 16th".
Other thing is read the question your being asked on the exam (I've seen guys who misread the question i.e. read what they THOUGHT it said, rather than what it did say e.g. "name 2 tests you would NOT do" and they picked the 2 you would do, commonly you will get a question that looks an utter nightmare to answer, but when you look at the answers 1 or 2 are nonsense and the other 2 are possible and with a bit of thought and reference to the BGB (or whatever colour it is this week..?) its easy enough.
Other tip...if you can't answer a question straight off, move on and come back to it, software as far as I know lets you flag questions for review.
Good luck

And i wonder how many people 'picked the wrong' answers too questions on the multiple choice exam and came out with a pass?

Picking the wrong answer which turned out to be the right answer lol.

Reply to 17th edition update. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net