Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss 2365 2/3 in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Fredwinf

Fredwinf EF Member

Been reading for days alot of the posts and obvisouly staying away from zero to hero courses is the 2365 lv2/3 suitable for household jobs? Would i have to get an "electrician" to certify what i have done? Im More interested in becoming more competent for DIY than making a career if that was to happen then i understand 2357 would be needed. Please im if misguided anywhere correction would be great.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Trusted Advisor

Basically 2365 is the technical knowledge that can be transfered towards the 2357 which is the NVQ3. They do this so people can learn this element without being employed or working in the industry and then only need to complete the logbook part of the NVQ3 to qualify. If you were working in the industry you could just do the full 2357 NVQ3 straight off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Trusted Advisor

And would also have to complete the Am2 and a few bridging units that's not covered by the 2365 I think.

4. Fredwinf

Fredwinf EF Member

Thanks for the replies. What is the best thing for me then just for personal use mainly? I already have a career and not looking to change just for diy things in and around the house maybe family bits and pieces??

5. TJ Anderson

Yes Lee, I forgot the AM2 and wasn't aware of bridging units. I was thinking bridging was for 2330 peeps going for 2357. Good old 2356 ...... how easy we had it then eh

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. TJ Anderson

deleted

7. TJ Anderson

Might be a bit advanced then tbh. You would be more qualified than half the "sparks" in your town with that ☺

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fredwinf

Fredwinf EF Member

So if i did do 2365 could i do my own jobs and maybe familys myself or would i need something to certify my own work? Still a little green to all the different certs. Only interested in domestic.

9. TJ Anderson

If you work in dwellings then you would need to register with a competent person scheme for compliance with building regulation Part P. Google NAPIT, NICEIC, ELECSA and STROMA for a start and read the requirements for joining them.

10. Fredwinf

Fredwinf EF Member

Thanks thats great. Have seen the schemes when reading but not fully read up so off i go. Thanks for replying quickly.

• Dumb Dumb x 1