Discuss 2391 In January in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SirKit Breaker

Finally got round to doing the 2391. I am confident testing, and know what i expect my results to be. I am OK fault finding. In fact i know quite a lot, however there is still a lot i can learn even after a lifetime of trying not to kill myself. So can someone who has been there and got the T shirt let me know what i am in for, i am under no illusions and know it is not a walk in the park.

Cheers..........Howard

PS me and maths dont mix either, so do i need to start and learn my sums again?:rolleyes:

With the practical assessments, remember to take your time. If at any time in them you create what is considered an unsafe scenario it will be an instant fail. I had to fail 3 guys last time as they didn't put the cover back on before plugging in the rig, a simple hesitation has cost them. They're trying again next weekend.

It's really not that bad, especially if you have some experience. There are some maths but they're pretty basic and straight forward

With the practical assessments, remember to take your time. If at any time in them you create what is considered an unsafe scenario it will be an instant fail. I had to fail 3 guys last time as they didn't put the cover back on before plugging in the rig, a simple hesitation has cost them. They're trying again next weekend.

I take it then that you teach this subject, you are going on my best mates list, cheers.

Finally got round to doing the 2391. I am confident testing, and know what i expect my results to be. I am OK fault finding. In fact i know quite a lot, however there is still a lot i can learn even after a lifetime of trying not to kill myself. So can someone who has been there and got the T shirt let me know what i am in for, i am under no illusions and know it is not a walk in the park.

Cheers..........Howard

PS me and maths dont mix either, so do i need to start and learn my sums again?:rolleyes:

Howard I'll give you a confidence booster.
From the knowledge n information you give out here you should have no trouble. You seem to be pretty sound.
Widdler is right take your time on practical and on the theory, start using correct terminology in every day life if you don't already to get used to answering questions :).

hi sorry to jump in but im booked in for the 2391 written exam on the 2nd december,whats the best way to revise for this exam?? i've always struggled when its come to written exams.i've past the practical part with no trouble and have been self employed for 4 years.so really it would be the larger questions with the calculations i need help on

hi sorry to jump in but im booked in for the 2391 written exam on the 2nd december,whats the best way to revise for this exam?? i've always struggled when its come to written exams.i've past the practical part with no trouble and have been self employed for 4 years.so really it would be the larger questions with the calculations i need help on

gn3 all the way. get your head round the terminology and have a look through some past papers.

Reply to 2391 In January in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net