Discuss 2394 Resut in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Im going to stick with the 94 at the moment, then when I've topped up the bank balance (when the wife allows) I'll look at the 95 then. I don't really have the scope of work at the moment where the 95 would be beneficial to me. Im just happy to have got through the 94 first time. I found the practical and online exam to be easy really, it was just the dreaded written i wasn't looking forward too. Its all about using the correct terminology and reading the GN3 over and over again, throwing in the regs a little too.

Im going to stick with the 94 at the moment, then when I've topped up the bank balance (when the wife allows) I'll look at the 95 then. I don't really have the scope of work at the moment where the 95 would be beneficial to me. Im just happy to have got through the 94 first time. I found the practical and online exam to be easy really, it was just the dreaded written i wasn't looking forward too. Its all about using the correct terminology and reading the GN3 over and over again, throwing in the regs a little too.
well...for a start if you are working to BS7671 then terminology shouldn`t be an issue really...should it

things like correct terminology questions are generally worth 3 points....and will be split into 3 sub questions

typical stuff would be:

name the instrument used to carry out an end to end test on a ring circuit (1 mark)

name the instrument used to carry out a test of insulation resistance (1 mark)

state the max value for an R2 test on a main bonding conductor (1 mark)

these are how a lot of 3 mark questions are laid out....they are generally spit into 3 sub questions....some however will require a bit more input than others...and will generally be worth 3 marks on their own...

the 6 structured questions will require a lot more input & thought from the candidate...but are worth 15 marks each....so theres 90 marks available just for the 6 structured questions alone....

the pass threshold was 90 marks on the 2391...so i assume its the same now on this new course....

I honestly can't see the point of C&G 2394, i can't see the point of splitting/changing the original inspection and testing qualification (C&G 2391) in the first place. The only people it serves is the C&G institute and training centres who now charge double that of the original cost of the 2391!!

I honestly can't see the point of C&G 2394, i can't see the point of splitting/changing the original inspection and testing qualification (C&G 2391) in the first place. The only people it serves is the C&G institute and training centres who now charge double that of the original cost of the 2391!!

I can't understand it. What's the difference? Does one certify you to do a partial test? lol!
It's stupid, as you say, and just for money making.

edit. Well done for passing, by the way (to OP).

Reply to 2394 Resut in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net