Discuss 3 phase question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The mystery solved ........

theres a sub feed from house cu to a workshop single phase to power lights sockets

and yes most definately .......

Seems somebody went about the initial job in a strange sort of way....

- - - Updated - - -

And further intrigue to the plot ........

It looks like there was an original single phase supply , and then had 3 phase installed at a latter date, you see this a lot ,,,

OK.

so i distinctly remember asking if a phase rotation had been carried out here

as
it is:

black --l1 fuse
red-- l2 fuse
blue--l3 fuse

and theres no identification rings then its a contravention of 514.3

saturn's got all the rings: jupiter's got all the moons:and i ate all the pies. so there.

looks like a diy job to me the 3phase
BUT i wont be using the 3ph db
i shall be using the single phase board i will be making it a 6 way instead if the 3 way installed via 10 mm feed

1x 32 ring
1 x 6 amp lights
1 x 20amp to paint booth
3 x 16amps for pv

It seems 3ph PV system is being connected to 3x16A mcb's in a 1ph DB, which is not at the origin of the installation, thus downstream of some protective devices, thus negating the function of said protective devices, with regard to ADS and relying upon the PV inverter to undertake the disconnection.

What else do you want?

Do you think it's OK to skew the supply by 48A of PV? infeeeding to a single phase.
Will the DNO OK this, will it be OK, is it OK, what more.

I despair, I really do.

I really will not comment any more on this thread, so don't even bother to try to get me to.

Reply to 3 phase question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I have been asked to pull in some new 3 phase supplies for 7 new welders which do not require a neutral connection. The client has...
Replies
Views
Anyone come across this before? I was asked to do a Zs on a 3ph surge device; L1 was around 6 ohm, L2 & L3 around 0.11. Wired in singles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Yesterday I wired in my 3 phase compressor to run off our 53kva generator. I just need to know which colour cable is for which phase as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to install a new bathroom extractor fan in my bathroom as I have a windowless bathroom and the current one I have installed in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have a limited in house PAT testing requirement and were advised that the TIS700 fitted our needs. The unit works fine for 110V and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock