Discuss 400v 2.2kW 3ph motor - any info please forward on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

missellis

Hello,

I have to teach/give a presentation on

"Explain the underlying principles in variable speed drive specifications for the control of a 400V 2.2kw 3-phase motor to a class of level 4 students (HNC)"

I do not coming from a teaching background, but I am very interrested in it.

So far I have just wrote up, what is a motor, what it is used for, types of motors, the different parts of a general 3-ph AC motor, the operation etc.... what else do you think i should include??

TIA Hayley

i'd mention something along the lines of "the drive must be able to supply full power/torque to the motor at all speeds".

explain how the inverter works, how rectification is achieved to create a dc current and then the use of pulse width modulation to vary the frequency??

Just give up and admit defeat. You haven’t a clue what you’re going to be talking about.

Do you seriously think people are going to give their time for free to enhance you’re career?

Hello,

I have to teach/give a presentation on

"Explain the underlying principles in variable speed drive specifications for the control of a 400V 2.2kw 3-phase motor to a class of level 4 students (HNC)"

I do not coming from a teaching background, but I am very interrested in it.

So far I have just wrote up, what is a motor, what it is used for, types of motors, the different parts of a general 3-ph AC motor, the operation etc.... what else do you think i should include??

TIA Hayley

which unit is this for on the HNC? as VSD Inverters are not mentioned on anything that I have seen, and I keep up to date with all the course changes as I have helped with teaching before.....there is a similar unit on the HNC Mechatronics and maintenance, with shaft encoders,transducers, gray scale etc and a bit of c programming rolled in there...it has a project as well...

one of your BEng projects should have been a soft start motor system design and build, as far as I know that is one of the projects that is still floating about the east coast unis...

Hi there,

its from Edexels - Electrcal princples...
Ive to give details on star-delta etc

Thanks for you help... also to the other members who have commented thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Just give up and admit defeat. You haven’t a clue what you’re going to be talking about.

Do you seriously think people are going to give their time for free to enhance you’re career?

no need to comment if it isnt going to be anything of use!

Dont want to sound too negative here but the cart shouldn't be leading the horse .... in your position as a tutor you should be giving us the answers and theory and deffo not seeking them on a forum... it scares me people will look to you for education yet your asking basic question about VSD's on this forum .... most the time i personally would be happy to help but on this occasion like Tony has bluntly expressed you are way out of your comfort zone and these students pay for a quality education, i suggest you take the appropriate courses to educate yourself in this field or hold your hands up and explain to the college and possibly get a guest tutor experienced in this area to give a small introduction lecture while you can then concentrate teaching them the areas you have knowledge in.

Take as constructive and not an attack ..... i would expect my tutors to have a good working knowledge of any subject they taught me especially if i was paying for the course.

Reply to 400v 2.2kW 3ph motor - any info please forward on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net