Discuss 5 to 7 way plugin rose/socket required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,
Another option 2 x Klik plug in ceiling roses mounted side by side, only problem is you would have to ensure both were unplugged to do the maintenance?

Regards

Wago do a modular wiring range of plug in connectors up to 5 pole.

Hi Guys Thanks for replying

Wago do a modular wiring range of plug in connectors up to 5 pole.
unless i didn't find what you did it seems to be a in line connector, I need to go from fixed wiring to flex ?

Clive "Another option 2 x Klik plug in ceiling roses mounted side by side" yes we did this once using 4 pin and 3 pin thinking they were not exchangeable but they are, so we had to change them we have 230 v L N E and 2 Dali cores to connect so we cant have them switched around.

We are installing hanging lights in a room and need at least 5 cores to join them using a plugin rose/socket system, I know about Flex7 (Products - Flex Connectors - Flex Connectors) which is a 7 way plug and socket but they are ugly things, anyone know of a better looking item ?

Klik don't make them as far as I know ?
Hi, I'm currently having the same problem.....I wonder how you ended up getting round it?

Have the light fittings etc already been bought/specified. Do they need to be plug in necessarily?
I've worked on a few Lighting setups recently that incorporated DALI or DSI dimming. All of which were run from lighting boxes, fittings bought to required spec. Lights don't come pre-flexed but you buy 5 and 6 core leads with plugs to match the lighting control box. We actually hard wired some of the rooms in singles through galv conduit, terminating in a through box with a ceiling rose lid for 5/6 core flex to come through to fitting.

To the OP could you not fit a modular system into a large adaptable box and gland the flex out of it. At least it wouldn't look as obtrusive if it's on show.

Have the light fittings etc already been bought/specified. Do they need to be plug in necessarily?
I've worked on a few Lighting setups recently that incorporated DALI or DSI dimming. All of which were run from lighting boxes, fittings bought to required spec. Lights don't come pre-flexed but you buy 5 and 6 core leads with plugs to match the lighting control box. We actually hard wired some of the rooms in singles through galv conduit, terminating in a through box with a ceiling rose lid for 5/6 core flex to come through to fitting.
Yes the lights are already bought and they come with a 3m 5core flex. They will be dimmed via a retractive switch/ Dali control. I have also hard wired the lights through conduit but I'm struggling to come up with something where I can connect the fixed wiring to a 5c flex at a besa box. How did you terminate in a through box?

Sorry it's taken a while to reply, been busy.
We terminated at the through boxes into ceiling roses, permanent live, switch live, neutral and earth into the connections of the ceiling rose. The dimmable pair on connector blocks. All connected onto 5 or 6 core flex as required and fed through ceiling rose lid.

Reply to 5 to 7 way plugin rose/socket required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net