Discuss 50 Amp Cooker switch in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

stretchyboy

-
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 50-Amp 1-phase cooker switch for a domestic job that would look nice alongside Hamilton flatplate brushed steel finish other accessories?

Everything seems to be 45-amp or industrial, nothing looking stylish at all.

Help guys :(

Clever..........., you may have come up with the ideal answer. Any issues that would arise regarding the switch being the isolation point (need to be lockable) or any failsafe issues (My old London Transport head kicking into gear now) ;-)

If you read the blurb on the cooker you wouldn't even chance it, it clearly states that it MUST have a 50-Amp isolator.............. besides I dont want to spoil our unblemished public liability

Yep the manufacturer says - MUST be a 50-Aamp isolator - therefore it MUST be a 50-Amp isolator. It doesn't matter what calcs you do, you cant supercede a direct instruction from the people who make the kit.

For a start those 45A cooker switches can take 50A, ...No Problem!!!

Further, I doubt very much you'll see anywhere near that 50A for more than a couple of minutes or so, at the very worst.... These cooker manufacturers always seem to quote connected load, never maximum load that can be used. There are heating elements that can't be used simultaneously with other heating elements, such as the main oven and grill elements... Use the Diversity formula on the actual load that can be utilised simultaneously!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know they should be able to, but I wouldn 't want to be responsible for it going Squiffy. The cooker has a gas and electric feed to it and the designers are looking for it to have a 50-Amp isolator as they are reading the manufacturers gumph, so no point going up against them to save a few quid when I can easily give them what they are after without too much fuss. Cheers anyway.

We all know that people who can afford kit like that are probably going to be dining out must nights anyway................

Reply to 50 Amp Cooker switch in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net