Discuss 600M Electrical feed to farm house underground. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I once knew of a farmer getting a brand new generator out of a roll on skip all 2 tons of it, had been dumped straight after delivery to a wind farm building site as it gave the user problems, it was a cheap Chinese one, very basic but it worked.
You'll find with most farmers they will want things for free or as cheap as scrap and will bodge things even if they are a death trap, they will just keep the kids away from it and use it anyway as they mostly don't care as long as it works.
My old man & brother are farmers, and I know many many others. That statement is a load of b****cks. Like with many professions, ours included, there will be rogues and idiots that give everyone a bad name.

My old man & brother are farmers, and I know many many others. That statement is a load of b****cks. Like with many professions, ours included, there will be rogues and idiots that give everyone a bad name.
yeah i know of a few well run farms, used to pay my old boss extortionate rates just to know everything was up to a good standard, this farmer was a multi millionaire from tatties and carrots, not bad going

that said, i have seen alot of dodgy farmers that will try and bodge things themselves, i had to basically condemn an outbuilding that a farmer and his mate had wired up, connector blocks everywhere, some of them buried under piles of bird ---- (dead short, no lights hence im on site) cables hanging from light to light, 60w bulbs for a large farm shed used for storing the likes of combine harvesters

Yes and farmers get grumpy when you call them out on being tight with money when it comes to safety, I can guarantee you that if you want to see electrical death traps you'll find them for sure on farms I have seen many.

As long as it works it stays the way it is

Reply to 600M Electrical feed to farm house underground. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net