Discuss A daft question, or not....! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Three core SWA installed as a new circuit on a TNS supply. Both ends of the SWA are earthed.
Would you/ is it acceptable to include the armour in the R1+R2 calculation (ie in parallel with the core being used as cpc) or should measurement simply be between cores?

Ah... but I know. It's what you think that I also want to know. Do you want it on a plate.
Tell us what you think....and why!

Nope! I know too. It was the very fact that the issue came up on site the other day, I’m keen to see how others respond to the question.
Not meaning to be awkward ( well not a lot anyway!).

if a dog wags it's tail and it's arse at the same time, is it the tail that wags or the arse, or both? or does the tail wag the dog?

Reply to A daft question, or not....! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

If cpc core is present i.e. it's either 5 core three phase or 3 core single phase — is a banjo connected with a brass screw into steel trunking...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Just looking for some advice: I'm in the process of updating an old cable calc spreadsheet that helps to spit out Zs and Voltage Drop...
Replies
Views
My sister has a cable feeding an outside boiler (see image). I want to tidy it up by adding a new piece of cable as shown. I can't see any ends...
Replies
Views
Hi, someone has ordered Steel Tape Armoured cable instead of SWA. Can I use this armour as a CPC the same as SWA or not and if so is there a table...
Replies
Views
Carrying out an EICR and came across a ring final circuit wired to the first of six metal clad sockets in 2.5mm 5 core SWA. Obviously 2 cores for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock