Discuss a KMF switch (isolator) problems please help ! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jaybhill

Hi I am unsure on the regs with this I have a 100a main fuse but need to run tails outside
in armoured cable into loft of extension I know that I need a kmf switch but I'm struggling to find a small 100 amp one (not enough room for the big wylex ones) can I use a Switch Fuse Moulded Single Pole & Neutral, with 80A HRC Fuse or does it need to be equal to the main service fuse ?

Thank you.

Your overcurrent protection only needs to be enough to cover your supply requirements, size of cable etc.
How about a double pole mcb in 2 module enclosure? Gives overcurrent and isolation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, the smallest switchfuse i have seen is the KMF 80A.

To be honest, if you are using 25mm SWA, you really would want to try and terminate it in anything but the larger ones.

Reply to a KMF switch (isolator) problems please help ! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Quick question. I want to put an isolating 2p switch on my incoming supply from the meter to the board. I want this to allow easier board changes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, if I cannot access the line side of a crabtree 100A DP main switch. Would someone enlighten me how to conduct safe isolation on this...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
As per normal I was in a rush and didn't get enough information. I was working in an apartment that didn't have any power and when I went to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock