Search the forum,

Discuss a strange question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofty84

When the emf in a conductor 0.15m long moving at right angles through a magnetic field, at a velocity of 2 m/s is 0.5 V, the magnetic flux density would be

Thanks to the guys in the general electricains forum I know know that the formula is

B = e / l x v

so 0.5 / 0.15 x 2

= 1.66 T

the problem is that I have been told the the answer is 3.17 T

is there something else that I need to do to the original formula ?

thankyou IQ

could I trouble you with this one

24. If a three phase, four pole, 50Hz induction motor has a slip of 4%, the actual speed of the motor would be
a. 1240 rpm
b. 1550 rpm
c. 1440 rpm --> CORRECT ANSWER
d. 1000 rpm

I cant seem to work it out tho

thankyou IQ

could I trouble you with this one

24. If a three phase, four pole, 50Hz induction motor has a slip of 4%, the actual speed of the motor would be
a. 1240 rpm
b. 1550 rpm
c. 1440 rpm --> CORRECT ANSWER
d. 1000 rpm

I cant seem to work it out tho

think i might have worked it out

ok

50/ 2 = 25 rps

25 rps x 60 = 1500

1500 / 100 = 15

15 x 96 = 1440 prm

No problem, don't forget the 'thanks' button though, it shows members your appreciation ;)

Any others, just post them up, it's good practice for all of us!

one more ?

a circuit with a capacitor of capacitive reactance 5 ohms an induction of 8 ohms inductive reactance and a resistor of 4 ohms conected in series to a 230v 50hz supply what would the total impedance be
a 5 ohms
b 10 ohms
c 3 ohms
d 6 hms

is it 2 x pie x f x l

a capacitor of 25 (funny U) F is connected i series with a resistor in circuit with with a 50hz 200v a.c supply. determine the capacitive resistance.

I know the formula is XC = 1 / 2 x pie x f x l

but i cant get the answer which is 127 ohms

can anyone help

one more ?

a circuit with a capacitor of capacitive reactance 5 ohms an induction of 8 ohms inductive reactance and a resistor of 4 ohms conected in series to a 230v 50hz supply what would the total impedance be
a 5 ohms
b 10 ohms
c 3 ohms
d 6 hms

is it 2 x pie x f x l

Z = square root of R^2 + X^2

X = Xl - Xc

X = 3

Z = square root of 16 + 9

Z = 5 Ohms

Where there is capacitive reactance and inductive reactance, the value of X is always the larger value minus the smaller which in this case is 8-5 = 3

an a.c load has an output power of 12 kw and an input of 15 kva. determine the reactive power

can anyone work this out it looks simple but i cant remember what to do again

Heres a weird one

what are the copper losses in the primary winding of a step up tansformer, where the resistance of the winding is 0.3 ohm and the transformer is drawing 8 amps from the supply ?

any Ideas IQ ?

Reply to a strange question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back