Discuss Access 2 Trade Careers Closing Down in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi all,

Has anyone sucessfully had a refund from Barclays yet? Please tell me your story.

Does anyone know the electrical course material being studied through OLCI? I've heard that its different to the Access material. And is anyone having problems with the course in comparison to the Access one. Please let me know any details as i'm in the process of trying to get a refund from barclays and i am trying to collate some solid information to back up my case. Also heard there may be some health and safety issues, so info on this would be helpful. I'll keep you all informed.

Cheers.

If you have done the exam then City and Guilds will be able to give you a certificate,
if they have the paperwork? If it was online then there should be no problem to getting them. (As long as you passed!)

Hey all,

I was with access when it went down the plug hole which was a right pain in the a**e. Know a few guys who were in same position as me and they went on to train with olci, still in touch with them and they seem to be getting on fine with the course. Don’t know if the actual course content is different to the access stuff but from what I hear there are no complaints anf they say the practical side is really good, and the trainers are decent.

Hope you get your refund sorted Martin.

Hey guys

New on here. Been looking at access stuff cos like alot of people on here i was with them as well and when they said they were going bust i was really gutted. at first i wasnt sure about carrying on the course - but didn’t think id have much luck getting a refund and still wanted to get trained as a spark so went with the new course in the end. havent got far with it cos im still working my other job but its going good so far and when i get stuck theres tutors to help answer my questions. done one of the practicals which i really enjoyed and working on next unit now. quite happy with it all maybe some people have been bit unlucky but im sure most people have been ok with them.

cheers J

Legal proceedings have started Atc is a con the staff the course the whole package a fine example of a group of people taking excessive amounts of people and taking advantage of people using there sales team doing anything they can for a sale. I'm sorry but any staff from this company telling you they were genuine I do not believe one bit for the tiny bit of work they actually do when you go to there course.

Hello

Has anyoen here been sucessful in recieving a refund from Barclys Partener Finance from ATC going bust. If so please could you offer help on how to go about this as im getting SHAFTED!!!

Cheers Rob.

Hello

Has anyoen here been sucessful in recieving a refund from Barclys Partener Finance from ATC going bust. If so please could you offer help on how to go about this as im getting SHAFTED!!!

Cheers Rob.
If you paid by credit card you should be able to recover it from your card company.

I done my firts bit of training with them, completed first two weeks of intended 4. It was really good. Then the bombshell. I got a loan from my bank to pay off the full amount of finance as it was going to be cheaper in the long run. They sent me some stuff about OLCI but because I had paid the finance off they wouldn't put me on a course and my bank wouldn't help either. So I got shafted for the remaining money. Still once bitten and all that, it won't happen again. I train with another company in Birmingham now. ETS training, they are very good, excellent trainers great value as well.

yeah they stole £1500 of my hard earned cash.. i payed then 3 weeks later they went under.. no sign of a cent back since..

but this was 2 years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to read your last posting on this subject Gordug. I've just joined this forum to seek a little advice about "tradecareers.co.uk"

I received an email this morning about their courses and being of a cautious nature thought I'd try doing a little research first.

Does anyone know any more about this organisation since your last posting on August Last year?

Reply to Access 2 Trade Careers Closing Down in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net