Discuss Advertising in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

BLBelfast

-
Arms
Reaction score
I realise that word of mouth is the best advertising you can get but any other tips on getting your name about. I have business cards, a facebook page and in the process of a website but do not have the money yet for the likes of google words, or yell.com.

I take it these would be the most benificial routes to take though?

I realise that word of mouth is the best advertising you can get but any other tips on getting your name about. I have business cards, a facebook page and in the process of a website but do not have the money yet for the likes of google words, or yell.com.

I take it these would be the most benificial routes to take though?

Spend the money on your website, and do the research for good SEO - try to make your page as area specific as possible - e.g. Electrician in Belfast - for faster climb up the Google organic listings.

It's also worth investing in Word of Mouth. Get on the phone to everyone you know. Ask then for three people they know. Call them, offer your services AND ask for two more names.

Leaflets only really work for domestics and very small commercials/retails.

One key way of getting business, so often overlooked - join a local club, make friends - network! I've known so many professional sales guys suddenly become committed Christians for a month or so until they've leached the church members of business.

Advertising and marketing are limited only by imagination, and guts, in that order.

If you believe in you, so will the world!

Cant under estimate the importance of networking, I have joined loads of groups which I attend in the evening for an hour or so, and have made loads of really useful contacts. You would be surprised the number of times i have received a call out of the blue saying we met at such and such a place and I have a job for you to look at. Most of the events have a minimal cost, and all you have to do is go along with a smile on your face sociable attitude.

May be worth checking out a BNI group, although expensive you can loads of work from them. Especially if you are in a large group.

Ian

Reply to Advertising in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net