Discuss Advice on domestic installer course/training URGENT PLEASE!!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

M.s. Rahman

Hi everyone

i am looking into a career change
i am currently a teacher
i was thinking of becoming a good and qaulified electrician.
for those that have become and that havent if you could give me some advice or some guidance i woulde really appreciate it, my concerns are the following:
- should i become an electrician through a training providor such as tradeskills4u,EC4U (electrician courses 4 u), electricaltrainingcourses.com (ETC.COM).... if not are there any other avenues ???

- i found these course providors tradeskills4u, EC4U, ETC.COM i wanted to know, has anyone had any epxerience with them ...are they good/bad, is it worth it ??? etc

the avergae cast for a bronze domestic installer is £2500

How long did it take you to train to be a teacher?

I bet it was longer than one of the courses your looking at wasn't it.

Does this not set off alarm bells?

How long did it take you to train to be a teacher?

I bet it was longer than one of the courses your looking at wasn't it.

Does this not set off alarm bells?

yh it was much longer of course, would you recommend the following course providors as the way to about becoming an electrician ????

as he says^^^^^. 3 years with practical experience if you're lucky. then your earnings would be a lot less than a teacher's salary. average wage for a qualified spark is <£15/hour employed. if you went self-employed you could earn more but forget 6 weeks holidays. you'd be lucky to get a week.

Hi OP. Welcome to the forum.
I really like post 2, it does sum up these courses. Quite a few people do slag them off. How long do these courses take?
These types of courses are good for some people, to get a foot in the door, so to speak. I wouldn't class myself as a "Qualified Electrician" after 5 weeks of training.
Another point is if you are thinking of becoming self-employed then it may be good to check out how many electricians are in your area. There are more then 150 in a 5 mile radius from my house. I don't quite know how they all survive.
Search
Good luck mate.

Hi everyone

i am looking into a career change
i am currently a teacher
i was thinking of becoming a good and qaulified electrician.
for those that have become and that havent if you could give me some advice or some guidance i woulde really appreciate it, my concerns are the following:
- should i become an electrician through a training providor such as tradeskills4u,EC4U (electrician courses 4 u), electricaltrainingcourses.com (ETC.COM).... if not are there any other avenues ???

- i found these course providors tradeskills4u, EC4U, ETC.COM i wanted to know, has anyone had any epxerience with them ...are they good/bad, is it worth it ??? etc

the avergae cast for a bronze domestic installer is £2500
The short courses are not adequate for training properly, if you were an electricians mate with 10 years experience as a mate then a short course may be good enough, however without a job to support you and give you practical training they are just a lot of money for not much help really.

a plumbing course might be useful. only takes 5 weeks to learn that pi$$ runs downhill.

thankyou very much, never thought of it that way really, but yh doing this course would it be an opening to a chance for working in housing associations or even for big energy companies ????

I thought there was a so called teaching shortage, i keep seeing adverts about how the government will sponsor you then when you qualify get paid 22k starting then senior teachers get 65k

I thought there was a so called teaching shortage, i keep seeing adverts about how the government will sponsor you then when you qualify get paid 22k starting then senior teachers get 65k

absolutely there are these government schemes available for those that are interested, however i like many other teachers strugggle to see satisfaction from teaching becuase there arent many learners nowadays that actually want to learn because of this and recieving abuse from some learners you start to feel demoralised and unmotivated.

Oh i see now. Well anyway i wouldnt reccomend a short course like the one you mentioned to be honest as no social housing company let alone energy company will employ you with a 'bronze domestic installers' (where do they get the names from i dont know). In your situation you will probably be able to get on the level 2 2365 at a local college providing your maths is good. Then u should find some weekend work with an electrician just to get experence

Oh i see now. Well anyway i wouldnt reccomend a short course like the one you mentioned to be honest as no social housing company let alone energy company will employ you with a 'bronze domestic installers' (where do they get the names from i dont know). In your situation you will probably be able to get on the level 2 2365 at a local college providing your maths is good. Then u should find some weekend work with an electrician just to get experence

thankyou so much, im looking into these matters now, really appreciate your response :eek:

He's probably just got fat fingers...

Reply to Advice on domestic installer course/training URGENT PLEASE!!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net