Discuss Advice on power cord options for a new dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Charlie77

DIY
Reaction score
Hey there, I've done some simple electrical work, but I'm no expert.

I'm installing a new LG 24 inch dishwasher (Model #LDT5678SS) with 120 volts and 15 amps.

The power cord provided is 5.4 feet which is too short to reach the closest outlet. I need a cord that is at least 8 feet. The last dishwasher had a cord that long. The only replacement cord I could easily find was a 14 gauge, 15 amp general workshop cord, and it's 10 feet long. (Photo attached). That will easily reach the outlet.

But, my question is: Will 10 foot cord work appropriately for the dishwasher and what it needs to do? Is there a significant enough difference between the standard cord that's 5.4 feet and a 10 foot cord that I would need to either hardwire the dishwasher or have a new outlet installed within the 5.4 foot range?

Thanks for anyone's help, feedback, and/or links to additional resources. If I'm missing anything or not providing enough info, please let me know that too. Thanks, Charlie

Attachments

• New cord for dishwasher.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Advice on power cord options for a new dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm a hobbyist without formal training. I'm looking to power audio/video equipment over several hundred feet of extension cords. I have 2...
Replies
Views
I have a small power washer with a two-wire cord and GFCI plug. My outdoor and garage receptacles are on a "house GFCI" circuit, wired in series...
Replies
Views
I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
I have a professionally installed Generator Interlock on my 200amp load center in my 1-family residence here in the US. I have 10 gauge wire from...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock