Discuss ADVICE please (tool bag / box reccomendations) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is what I've used for the last 18 months with no issues. We are mostly domestic and it does me for all my hand tools and big enough to throw a drill in too, but not too big that you can fill it up and not lift it!

This is what I've used for the last 18 months with no issues. We are mostly domestic and it does me for all my hand tools and big enough to throw a drill in too, but not too big that you can fill it up and not lift it!
What do you rewire with that Resu " Doll's houses it's a little bit tiny :rofl:

kbco_derby_2001_11.jpgYour all just playing at it . this is my compact tool case that caters fo most of my needs on a day to day basis

@Resu
Yeah I looked at that but it looks a bit small so I went for the fatmax tool bag, it's bigger same price and can go on my shoulder and can be closed

The Stanley fat max open tote bag is good, and as shaky says, the facom bag, that looks nice too, I keep the Stanley bag in the van just with the heavy bits in like files and hammers etc.

I tried them, but still went and bought two Veto Pro Pac OT-XL bags at £185 a shot, nothing comes even remotely close to them in quality or functionality.

engineer54 has the right idea, best of spending it on tools, but I think he is just jealous because he hasn't got one lol :yesnod:, he still uses a tesco carrier bag, me personally like to have top quality bags to carry my tools in, but...tools are more important that the bag.

Engineer54 is far too upmarket to be seen dead with a Tesco carrier bag ... his all came from Sainsburys & Marks & Spencer.

I use ex-army and ex RAF haversacks bought from a shop that sold military surplus gear on the corner of Percy Street back in 1959.

I got a great army Great Coat from the same place. It was great for keeping the cold out on the cold winters mornings.

Engineer 54 I don't know how much a bag like the one issued to you was when you received it, I saw an electrician with something possibly similar and had a good look at it ,

It did look ideal so I scoured the net for something similar and the closest ones were german and the same price as a veto or more, but nowhere near as good as the one I'd seen.

So I contacted a local saddler just to see if I could get one made to my design which was drawn up with simplicity in mind as I wanted to keep costs down

I nearly fell over when he told me the price!!!! and even though it would be well made and last for years I couldn't justify nearly £300

Engineer 54 I don't know how much a bag like the one issued to you was when you received it, I saw an electrician with something possibly similar and had a good look at it ,

It did look ideal so I scoured the net for something similar and the closest ones were german and the same price as a veto or more, but nowhere near as good as the one I'd seen.

So I contacted a local saddler just to see if I could get one made to my design which was drawn up with simplicity in mind as I wanted to keep costs down

I nearly fell over when he told me the price!!!! and even though it would be well made and last for years I couldn't justify nearly £300

ok to start with, you cant just buy a piece of leather you have to buy a hide so thats cheap.

if the sadler was using what they already have then it would have been bridle leather which is not cheap to start with

Well,i feel obliged to inform you that i have got plant worth hundreds of thousands back running using tools carried in a plastic bucket...if Bear Grylls worked industrial,he'd have a bucket too...:49:

Well,i feel obliged to inform you that i have got plant worth hundreds of thousands back running using tools carried in a plastic bucket...if Bear Grylls worked industrial,he'd have a bucket too...:49:

Lol....I was just thinking about all the times I end up emptying just the tools I need into a bucket before slogging off across some muddy site!!

Reply to ADVICE please (tool bag / box reccomendations) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net