Discuss Advice?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

thanks for your thoughts guys,college/nvq route sounds the best option,there is that may various ''elecctrician'' qualifications these days,was thinkin there may have been a better option,but these fast or online quals all seem a bit shady.iv worked with a few of these ''sparks''and they may have well have got their cards free in a box of corn flakes coz they all had no idea wot they were doing,wouldnt want to be labelled as one on first impressions

the ECS is not important to me personally,but as you say,most big sites and firms ask for it,so im in a bit of bad position,iv no doubt that if i was given a chance to prove myself i would not disapoint,iv always just got work through people i know,who know what im capable of but everyone i know is slow at the mo,its so frustating being out of work for the first time in 15 years,
contacting ECS sounds like a good suggestion,thanks

Talk to 'Trade skills 4 you' based in London I found them to be very good. and worth traveling a long way for, I went from the lake district and stayed at a b&b or hotel. whatever you do DONT go to BTSC I started with them and they liquidated one of there centres and left with my and a lot of others money. good luck
BTSC..really....i went down to see them about 4 years ago....before i decided on the college route...building trades skills centres....they had a place down croydon....dont know if its that one that has shut.....but thats the one that i visited....i looked at a few of these `training centres` and quickly came to the conclusion that they were ok for furthering skills/gaining short qualls/certs...but that was it as far as they were concerned...if you wanted to get into sparkying properly.....then college/further education centres were the way forward...and still are....these `training centres` would have you believe that the training they offer is the same that you can expect from a college...likewise they will also try to convince you that they fulfill the same role that a local college will fulfill within the communities they serve.....both of these are fake.....they are out to serve themselves..(with not inconsiderable amounts of the unsuspecting`s cash i might add)...they do nothing for the areas/communities they are in.....nothing at all....in fact...most of the employees at such places are not likely to live locally either.....

Would agree with the above as the colleges give good service because they have to plus these training companies do tend to cut corners plus its all about sales as i said before the Scehemies wanted £205 for a half day PAT course the college was 6 weeks of night class

Reply to Advice?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net