Discuss Alex Salmond the Odious One in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

che sturgeon.jpg

Well being serious here I am shocked to say the least. We have had lots of accusations against people in the pubic eye which were false, I hope this is one of them. Obviously Salmon is not one of my mentors, but I like him a bit and really hope he is innocent, if not he needs to go down for a long time.

Well being serious here I am shocked to say the least. We have had lots of accusations against people in the pubic eye which were false, I hope this is one of them. Obviously Salmon is not one of my mentors, but I like him a bit and really hope he is innocent, if not he needs to go down for a long time.

I'll be reserving judgement until the full facts of the case become known. I don't particularly like the man or his brand of politics and think he is a complete and utter muppet, but he does have the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. I respect that right. We all should.

There's something about these allegations that doesn't sit quite right with me. Although the first alleged victim claims the 'bedroom incident' that is alleged to have ocurred in December 2013 was but one of "multiple incidences of harassment and conduct of an unwanted sexual nature during Salmond’s time in office", she did not, however, make a complaint until January 2018. Why the delay? Why wait over 4 years?

Considering Salmond resigned as First Minister in November 2014, I think it would be reasonable to assume that fear of reprisals or intimidation were not a factor in the protracted length of time that elapsed between the alleged assaults taking place and actually being reported. I also find it odd that the second alleged victim made her complaint in the same month, January 2014. Coincidence or collusion? It's one or the other.

Furthermore, if, as the alleged victim claims, Salmond harrassed her and subjected her to unwanted sexual attention on multiple prior occasions, then one has to wonder why she allowed herself to be alone with him late at night in the knowledge that he had been drinking, and why she readily complied with his request to get in his bed. I'm sure these very questions will be asked by Salmond's solicitor if and when the case comes to trial.

Last edited:

Reply to Alex Salmond the Odious One in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net