Discuss AM2 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If your motor is 4.5kW using your method you would do the following:

4.5kW in Watts = 4500W

4500W / 3 = 1500W (This is where you divide the power of the motor by 3 for the 3 phases)

1500W / 230V = 6.52A (This gives you the current per phase)

6.52A * 1.1 = 7.15A (This applies the 10% for max operating current to flow without overload)

If your motor is 4.5kW using your method you would do the following:

4.5kW in Watts = 4500W

4500W / 3 = 1500W (This is where you divide the power of the motor by 3 for the 3 phases)

1500W / 230V = 6.52A (This gives you the current per phase)

6.52A * 1.1 = 7.15A (This applies the 10% for max operating current to flow without overload)

Appreciate that mate, thank you very much!!

No Problem, if you need help with anything else, just ask.

Good Luck Tomorrow!!!

Im pretty good with everything else, safe isolation and risk assesment im okay. Install okay as far as im concerned only the s plan heating I think will throw me off as i know I will over complicate it!! Testing im quietly confident and fault finding will be me hoping for 7 faults on the data.... lol!

Cheers though, ill let you know! :)

Study this:

14769.jpg

Simplified S-Plan Wiring Diagram

You would run 3 core + cpc from the roomstat back to the wiring center. Sleeving all cables appropriately. My drawing just shows how it needs to be connected.
You would run 3 core + cpc from the roomstat back to the wiring center. Sleeving all cables appropriately. My drawing just shows how it needs to be connected.

Oh yes, my bad! But surely some will require just a single core no? The orange for instance?

No , The Valve comes with a 5 core cable pre-attached.

Grey = Perm Live
Blue = Neutral
Green / Yellow = Earth
Orange = Boiler call (SW)
White / Brown = Valve Call (Just noticed on my diagram I didn't label the brown from the valve as white as both colors can be used depending on the manufacturer)

I will update that now

Last edited:
P
@Matthew terry
How did your first day go at the AM2

Was okay as far as im aware... got 2 hours 40 left to finish off the heating system! A lot easier than i first thought it would be! For some odd reason i used 6mm gutter bolts for the fp clips not m4s lol!!! Will have time to change that tomorrow though! Also used one for tha banjo on the main DB but as I was putting stuff away I seen brass hex heds so ill swop them around tomorrow :) testing tomorrow afternoon now!

Did you remember to twist the armor strands, sleeve them and place them into the earth terminal and leave the inner insulation inside the backbox

6b2a0.png

Would look like that ^^^^

Or were you told to use a banjo on it and twist the strands around the gland and clamp them

6926d.png

EDIT The pictures don't show for me, please use the following links

https://www.jamiechivers.com/Images/6b2a0.png
https://www.jamiechivers.com/Images/6926d.png

It was a 4 core sy!

The earth into the block and also flew an earth off the piranha lock nut to the same block too!

By sleeving the strands what exactly do you mean? But picture one is the one we were shown to do.

Sorry was eating dinner.

I only have 3 core SY with me hahaha.

dab00.jpg

Bonus marks for using the piranha nut on the SY :) I only used those on the SWA

Dont worry :)

No we weren't told to sleeve! Just to wrap it around clockwise and clamp together. Yeah its not on the spec to come off the sy onto the fake motor housing but theres no way to earth the backbox so i came off the piranha and into the earth from the sy!

Reply to AM2 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net