Search the forum,

Discuss Amendment 3 Electrical Installation Certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't use nic forms as a lot on here don't.

You'll have to enlighten us.

Then I'd like to see Wirepuller's Tommy Cooper.

Maybe I should elaborate my last statement!

We currently use the NICEIC online certification service (not my choice), and are now using the amendment 3 version of the Electrical Installation Certificate. In a nut shell, a large portion of the tick box section of the Electrical Installation Condition Report, has been ‘cut-n-pasted’ (the NICEIC words not mine) and now appears in the amended EIC certificate.

Example; You install a new double socket on a radial circuit below an existing DB. According to the new EIC certificate (and the NICEIC), you have to basically carry out an EICR on the building to allow you to tick ‘yes’ or ‘N/A’ to the boxes! So after you have installed your socket, you’re now running round to check that there are duel supply warning notices for generator/solar PV, and that every RCD operates!

Ah, but this only relates to the circuit you have installed..........well you’d be wrong! It relates to the entire building! In a house this maybe wouldn’t pose much of a problem, but when it’s in a large commercial/industrial building 3 hours to the job, one week to gather all the information to complete the tick boxes (from the mouth of the NICEIC)!

Happy form filling!

According to the new EIC certificate (and the NICEIC), you have to basically carry out an EICR on the building to allow you to tick ‘yes’ or ‘N/A’ to the boxes! So after you have installed your socket, you’re now running round to check that there are duel supply warning notices for generator/solar PV, and that every RCD operates!

Ah, but this only relates to the circuit you have installed..........well you’d be wrong! It relates to the entire building!

Why would the Schedule of Inspections relate to anything other than the work that you've done?

We currently use the NICEIC online certification service (not my choice), and are now using the amendment 3 version of the Electrical Installation Certificate. In a nut shell, a large portion of the tick box section of the Electrical Installation Condition Report, has been ‘cut-n-pasted’ (the NICEIC words not mine) and now appears in the amended EIC certificate.

Example; You install a new double socket on a radial circuit below an existing DB. According to the new EIC certificate (and the NICEIC), you have to basically carry out an EICR on the building to allow you to tick ‘yes’ or ‘N/A’ to the boxes! So after you have installed your socket, you’re now running round to check that there are duel supply warning notices for generator/solar PV, and that every RCD operates!

Ah, but this only relates to the circuit you have installed..........well you’d be wrong! It relates to the entire building! In a house this maybe wouldn’t pose much of a problem, but when it’s in a large commercial/industrial building 3 hours to the job, one week to gather all the information to complete the tick boxes (from the mouth of the NICEIC)!

Happy form filling!

What does BS7671 say about it? NICEIC are NOT a governing body, just another scam to get your hard earned.

Happy form filling!

Nothing has changed,you only need to check/tick the aspects of the installation applicable to the works carried out,everything else will be N/A.
The description of the work carried out will make it clear what the cert applies to,if you think you need to be checking an RCD etc which is not related to your install you are mistaken.

Oh,and I bought some HP sauce the other day. It's costing me 6p a month for the next 2 years.
Jush Like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fully agree with above that only the parts that pertain to the work carried out need filling in. Granted that is most of it though .... lol.
The parts that are common to all installs, service head, earthing & bonding, consumer unit etc contain checks that you should already be carrying out anyway, so no real change there. The circuits section clearly only applies to the work contained within the cert. You've just installed those circuits so al the answers are obvious.

I like the new layout. It seems to be designed to force the poorly trained to think a bit more about what the are doing and ticking off.

Reply to Amendment 3 Electrical Installation Certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net