Discuss Anyone heard of Alliance FM in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Steve_P

I got a call from a Lancashire number tonight and wondered if anyone had heard of them. The company is Alliance FM but I can't find a website for them or much more than company details. I'm always a bit suspicious of these sort of calls as I'm not a great fan of agencies. The long and the short of it is that a person near where I live is renting a property with a dodgy shower and has had a price to replace it, the landlord wasn't over joyed with it and got onto these people who in turn got me through yell.com.

you need to contact the landlord and determine who is paying you, if it's immediate payment, etc. it might just be that alliance fm are just a middle man, but do they want a cut?

Thanks guys, that's sort of what I was thinking so I've asked them for their T&C's before I go anywhere near the property. It's tempting though, the place is next to the best Chinese take away in the area. One concern is that the price I give to them is marked up out of all recognition and word gets around (very fast in this part of the world) that I'm expensive.

Hi Steve, i've just done a small job for them (replacement 1 way bathroom pull switch) in November but i've still not got paid.
I have called (Ursulla) & e-mailed since completion & invoice but had no response.
It's not alot of money but that's not the point (we did job after 7pm).
How did you (or anyone else) get on with payment ect...

Hi Steve, i've just done a small job for them (replacement 1 way bathroom pull switch) in November but i've still not got paid.
I have called (Ursulla) & e-mailed since completion & invoice but had no response.
It's not alot of money but that's not the point (we did job after 7pm).
How did you (or anyone else) get on with payment ect...

Hi Kevben,

The same thing has happened to my brother who also did a job for this company (the one of that name based at Oakland House, 21 Hope Carr Road, Leigh, Lancs WN7 3ET) back in November 2012. Like you, his job for them was relatively small. Oakland House is a serviced office address, and he has been able to speak to someone there who has put him through to Alliance FM Ltd, but from his experience, soothing words from the person on the other end of the 'phone have so far not been matched by deeds. The problem is, do you throw more good money at it by taking such a company to court for a small invoice? Very few small traders want the lost time and hassle of doing this and it is this reluctance that keeps bad payers off the hook for so long. In extreme cases, some will only pay when the County Court summons comes through the door, and don't forget that even winning your claim is no guarantee of payment.

Although the agreement you signed with them forbids you to have any contact with the original client (usually a property landlord) if, as in your case, you are not getting any response from this company, and clearly no payment either, you may want to consider sourcing the original client, if for no other reason than to advise them that you have not been paid. But be warned, by doing so, you could compromise any future claim for payment you may make. It depends if you feel you have nothing left to lose. Because your contract is with Alliance FM Ltd and not with the original client, there is no obligation for the latter to pay you, but if they value their own good name they may be persuaded not to use this company in the future or until your dispute is resolved. If it helps, my brother is taking Alliance FM Ltd to court on a matter of principle.

The best advice I can give is that if you are ever offered work by someone you don't know, always check them out first before agreeing to act for them. The Alliance FM Ltd this thread is about has only been trading for some 10 months and has, at the present time, no website that I can find. These two points alone should be enough to put any vigilant trader on enquiry. A credit check with one of the reputable credit ratings agencies is worth the small outlay, and if in doubt, insist on payment up front, and be prepared to walk away if this is refused.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Had a look on companies house seems this outfit has changed it's name three months after incorporation to Alliance FM and changed directors a few days after incorporation see Failure Page or CSM CONTRACTS (UK) LIMITED | Creditgate Didn't bother getting the reports but if you do you should get the directors home address

From this little bit of research on this outfit I have doubts about them and certainly would think twice or more about dealing with them

Edit Failure Page = companies house page can't get it to show proper link

Yesterday I did a credit check on Alliance FM Ltd (they of Oakland House in Leigh, Lancashire). They have an outstanding County Court Judgement (CCJ) for £160 dated 17/9/2012 at Northampton County Court. As of 19/9/2012 their credit rating is scored as 10 = Caution - High Risk. At the same date their credit limit was downgraded to £0.

If a company is going to allow a debt of £160 to become a CCJ and even then they still have not paid it, you have to ask yourself if you want to have anything whatsoever to do with such a company.

Ursula Mellor is shown as the director of Alliance FM Ltd. On 23/1/2013 she became the director of Labelhead Ltd (incorporated on that same date). It too is registered at Oakland House, Leigh, Lancashire.

Hi mate
Hope carr in leigh, lancashire is less than 2 miles from were i live good to know that there are dodgy companies near me so if they contact me i can turn them down instantly

sounds very dody indeed if they wont cough up £160 dont go near the
m as they deffo scam merchants

thnaks for letting us know

I called the tennant today & explained things to him. He was sound about things & has promised to send me his landlords details (an estate agent, i believe). He is moving out of the flat in the next fortnight & has agreed to let us remove the materials supplied (1 way pull switch) on the day he leaves.
i know it's a bit of a pain to go back and take it out but its only 2 miles away.
I'd rather take it back just to **** them up.
By the way it was Ursula Mellor who i dealt with as well - still got the same voicemail !!

He is moving out of the flat in the next fortnight & has agreed to let us remove the materials supplied (1 way pull switch) on the day he leaves.

Be very careful, you could be open to charges of criminal damage and compensation for loss of income from the Landlord.

If you've invoiced, the job is complete, you have no right to be on the premises or remove anything even tho you haven't been paid for them.
For all you know the Landlord has already paid A-FM.
Remember you were instructed by A-FM not the Landlord

Be very careful, you could be open to charges of criminal damage and compensation for loss of income from the Landlord.

If you've invoiced, the job is complete, you have no right to be on the premises or remove anything even tho you haven't been paid for them.

KevBen,
I agree with Snowhead on this point. My brother too considered similar action, took advice, and got the same answer. On a point of principle we are taking Alliance FM Ltd to court. Yes, it will cost a few pounds more but to us this is the only legitimate way of getting any form of justice. A CCJ against a company or individual strikes where it hurts most. If enough aggrieved creditors do the same, Alliance FM Ltd will be forced out of business. At the moment they are getting a free ride at the cost of their creditors' misery.

We were contacted by Alliance FM to supply and fit an electric hob in Nov '12 of course we've never been paid and no reply to the phone number given or the address and as they have never filed accounts i think this is one to right off i'm afraid.

I am so sorry to here this Paul. However, since my last post on this thread, we took further advice from a solicitor and his response was along these lines:- As your contract is with Alliance FM Ltd, you can remove the item you installed (use a service issue or similar pretext, but don't let on to the tenant that you have not been paid). The client who will have already paid Alliance FM Ltd (an absolute fortune for your services you can be sure) cannot sue you because their contract is with Alliance FM Ltd not you. In turn, Alliance FM Ltd cannot sue you because they have not paid you for the work. If anyone will be hopping mad it will be the client going after Alliance FM Ltd for ripping them off. Your aim should be to get Alliance FM Ltd struck off the books of the client who is likely to be one of the bigger estate agencies. Good luck my friend.

I was not paid by a company a few years ago so went down and spoke to builder, ended up I took contract and they were ****ed all over 3 days work.Hit them where it hurts with face to face with there contacts.

woah woah woah, im on the understanding that if you do a job and then dont get paid. you have a right to take back any materials used as long as you gain lawful access??
if the tenant is letting you in to get it thats lawful access.

woah woah woah, im on the understanding that if you do a job and then dont get paid. you have a right to take back any materials used as long as you gain lawful access??
but kate lass....
dont forget that you are not allowed to leave anyone destitute.....this would include removing cable etc...

Rights to goods until 'sold' is a massive legal minefield and fraught with lots of technical complexities. For starters you need to have EXACTLY the right phrase in your T's & C's for one thing.

For example, say you do a two week long job and quote it at £2k all in. The customer pays you £1k upfront at the start but then doesn't pay at the end - so who now 'owns' 50% of what, exactly? There are ways of safeguarding, but they need expert crafting.

Reply to Anyone heard of Alliance FM in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net