Discuss Anyone listen to Jeremy Vine on BBC R2 today with Clive Holland? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

I don't normally listen to this but was channel hopping on the way to the wholesalers.

Clive Holland was "presented" as BUILDERS guro!

The 2 things I heard him state which were both completely wrong were:

1. Electric cables in walls

Clive Holland stated that all cables should run vertically and not horizontally - this is incorrect.

As we all know cables can run vertically or horizontally from any accessory (socket, switch, light, etc) plus they can run within 150mm of the corners of a room or the ceiling.

2. The Party Wall act.

Clive Holland stated that this applied to "shared" walls like in flats or terrace houses. This is incorrect. The Party Wall Act covers building activity up to and including 6 meters from a detached property. This distance is governed by the depth of the foundations being dug and the depth of your neighbours foundations.

We know this to be the case as it affected our extension - plans and costs and delays.

What a MUPPET!

Yes i thought that was bad advise saying that cables only run verticaly , it made me laugh when he said he swears by using the voltage stick or death stick as like to call it :)

Reply to Anyone listen to Jeremy Vine on BBC R2 today with Clive Holland? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net