Discuss Appliances Direct in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

So a brief summary, we ordered a new cooker 5 weeks ago for the house we are doing up and are about to move into. 3 days before the delivery date, Appliances Direct rang up to say the manufacturer, Rangemaster, had shipped the wrong kit and we would need to wait a further 4 to 5 weeks.

No apologies, no concerns about us not having a cooker for 3 to 4 weeks.

Each person I called wouldn't give me a surname or direct dial number

To call customer services you have to call an 0871 number (costly from a mobile) - however the sales number is on Say No to 0870.

So after 10 days of calling, still no apologies, never calling back when they promise, neither Appliances Direct, nor Rangemaster can "do anything"

What a shambles, and as for eating microwave meals for weeks - YUK!

so the cooker "might" be here for the 19th Dec!

You have been warned

Call back and ask for the managing directors email address as you feel your issue is being ignored.
They also have Twitter and facebook accounts should you feel a bit of public embarassment might grease the wheels.

Call back and ask for the managing directors email address as you feel your issue is being ignored.
They also have Twitter and facebook accounts should you feel a bit of public embarassment might grease the wheels.
Tried that they didn't want to tell me his name, let alone an email address!

Presumably, they've already had your money and, hence, no longer need to care. The **** poor attitude of most 'customer services' departments never ceases to amaze me.

Do you want me to sort it? I usually ring up places like that and ask for the P.R department as I,m doing a story for a national newspaper on shoddy customer service.One call usually gets the desired result.

Well, my phone just called and somebody from Appliances Direct has called - in their favour they seem to have some empathy for our situation and are trying to see what they can do.

It would seem a polite, to the point email to the MD may have helped!

Always pay by credit card and take up your concerns with the credit card company they should sort it out for you

Yep, I buy everything on a CC.

This way you bank account is safer and you get insurances, extended warrantees etc.

Another online White goods online seller tried to pull my pants down. The nationwide refunded me and I kept the machine.

Appliances Direct - UPDATE

So today the cooker turned up. I've lost count of the calls I've had to make on a 0871 number - and some from my mobile.

Appalling service so I recommend that you should avoid this shower.

To express my disgust I sent the following to their MD:

So we have now FINALLY received our order. This was not due to anything useful your company did with the exception of Catrina yesterday!

In summary:

1. No empathy with client

2. Expecting people to call PREMIUM 0871 numbers for chasing orders messed up by you and manufacturers is COMPLETELY unacceptable

3. Not allowing your staff to tell people their surnames is NOT helpful.

4. Being passed between staff is UNHELPFUL

5. Stating in the outgoing message that you hear when you call the PREMIUM number that emails will be answered in 2 hours is a statement you need to review as they are not.

6. Ignoring points raised by the client made things 10 x worse

7. Not having a clear escalation path is not helpful

8. You will NOT be getting ANY recommendations from us!

Shameful service from a 2 bit company who doesn't give a monkeys about its clients - should be your motto.

jballs are in stock.ds if the ust depen.

bloody scrambled text again. i hate laptopp. should haved rfead.... all depends if the balls are in stock.

So a brief summary, we ordered a new cooker 5 weeks ago for the house we are doing up and are about to move into. 3 days before the delivery date, Appliances Direct rang up to say the manufacturer, Rangemaster, had shipped the wrong kit and we would need to wait a further 4 to 5 weeks.

No apologies, no concerns about us not having a cooker for 3 to 4 weeks.

Each person I called wouldn't give me a surname or direct dial number

To call customer services you have to call an 0871 number (costly from a mobile) - however the sales number is on Say No to 0870.

So after 10 days of calling, still no apologies, never calling back when they promise, neither Appliances Direct, nor Rangemaster can "do anything"

What a shambles, and as for eating microwave meals for weeks - YUK!

so the cooker "might" be here for the 19th Dec!

You have been warned
Cheers for this, you have potentially saved me a headache I think from this and other reviews. Had bookmarked a few things on there but glad I saw this before ordering. Went for Co-op Electrical instead.

Reply to Appliances Direct in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net