Currently reading:
Apprentice - transport

Discuss Apprentice - transport in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quickie.... want to see what others think and if I'm being unreasonable?

I pick up and drop off my apprentice from his home address on a daily basis. He lives 5 mins drive down the road so no problem really.

He recently started driving and have asked on a Monday each week if he could make his own way to the lock up (5 mins drive from his house/ parking fine) to get the van loaded up ready for the week. And I'll meet him there, simples really.

The response I got was..... "I'm not using my car for work"

Wasnt best please with that, and made it quite clear what I thought.

Any thoughts please ?

Cheers Sy

formulae. start as you mean to go on or you'll get the spelling / grammar gestapo on your back. :13:

Aww, was expecting a big things from this thread.

:6:

Me too, to quote Shakespeare 'All's well that ends well".

For goodness sakes, when I was doing my 'work experience' in 1995 I caught 3 buses to get to the Bath offices of what was then the National Rivers Authority (now the Environment agency). I went back for an extra week at my own doing, wishing to expand on my understanding of the fisheries department that I had spent only one out five days of my original placement on.
I uggered up my ~A levels though and went on to read English instead of Environmental science at university, but still, the moral of the story of self-enterprise still stands.

Voltz

Reply to Apprentice - transport in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back