Discuss Apprentice - transport in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This has really got me fuming..... going to sleep on it otherwise I'll end up giving him another earful down the phone in a minute.

We'll see what happens on Monday and I'll keep you posted.

Get him rung now mate fight fight fight!!

They are just a different breed to us lot when we were younger.
I called in to my local cafe last week, and while waiting for my sausage and hard egg on toasted bread, I glance over to a table to see 2 approx 17-18 year old's sat across from each other having breakfast both had their iphone's on the table next to the plates texting and giggling. not once did either one look up from the phone to speak to the other one. Like a pair of pet mong's
How do you know they weren't texting each other? That seems to be the only way kids are capable of communicating with each other nowadays, like Geordie and Tidyboiler only communicate with each other via electricians forums.

I think it is a perfectly reasonable request to make his own way to work, especially if it is only one day a week.

But I would say it warrants a conversation with him to discuss it rather than a tantrum from you!

No don't ring him now as you'll say something you regret..... you know he's being a spoilt little sod so just remind him of that monday morning !!!!

I pick my lad up once a week, I don't mind but admittedly it would only take him 10 mins to walk. I do feel he expects me to pick him up. He doesn't drive though. In your position id stick to your guns and tell him to drive.

little ---- pot, I've had the same problems in the past, just pick the idiot up and at least you won't be late for work. or if he's slept in you can knock the door and wake the house up.

I have heard about people like you, how do you do it? Wear a mask and walk into some woodland near a lay by? LOL.

Forgive me for my ignorance but are you male or female?
A male but with a cracking Rack!!

Just an idea, considering none of us were actually there - did you have a lengthy discussion about this where he point blank refused to cooperate, or could "I'm not using my car for work" have been a throwaway comment with little forethought?

Remembering back to when I started driving, I had a clapped out Peugeot 205 which was about the same age as me, in a faded green colourfully referred to by my mates as 'pondscum', with the obligatory rust patches. It cost me £350 and at the time it was the most precious thing in the world to me.
A couple of years later I gave it to a mate for a lift to Manchester airport.

Reply to Apprentice - transport in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net