Discuss Armeg cceler8 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Armeg SSH3PCSET | Armeg Acceler8 Impact Holesaw 3 Piece Set

used one today subcontracting for someone. Cut two 25mm holes in a hager amd3 metal board and they were like a knife through butter. I was very impressed. Would certainly recommend, even if they are a bit costly. Tom

Yep they are good. I have also used them on stainless steel plate and they zipped through with no fuss.

I have found that toolstation offer some decent cobalt bits for a budget option as well.

I like the fact they have a shoulder to stop them going too far through the piece you are drilling.

Plus you can put them in a bit holder if you need to drill through the centre divide of two compartment trunking

I had a go with these once when I went in the wholesaler and the armeg rep was there, I have to also say I was impressed, admittedly I didn't wear safety glasses and ended up with a bit of swarf dig into my eye lid!

Then you are an idiot, Never risk your eyesight!

When I was working as a Turner the swarf would be coming off a nice shade of blue due to heat. At that sort of heat if a bit of swarf lands on bare skin it will stick & leave a burn mark.

Most of the time I never wore eye protection cos it wasn't provided back then & nobody though of buying this sort of thing themselves then one day the boss issued us with safety glasses. Within the first hour of my wearing them a bit of nice hot swarf found its way behind them and welded itself onto my eye lid.

After that the safety specs were consigned to the botom of my toolbox never to see the light of day again.

Reply to Armeg cceler8 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
One of the oddest jobs I've ever had today. Called by a plumber I know who had attended after a leak through the kitchen ceiling from bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views
Been installing downlights today in a kitchen and dining room. nothing fancy electrically speaking but a pain in backside as one part is new the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am going to buy a set of these, below, you can get a set of three, 20mm, 25mm and 32mm I think it was. I had a go with them in Eddies the...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock