Discuss average wage of a sparks in the current climate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

i think shouldnt be allowed into britain if dont have 5k in your bank or be sponsered and you should be able to support your family if you bring them with you. maybe if they do give up nhs and all other greats of britain it will make people think twice about comming here and shake up own people as one . and white scum, im livid

Hi, I'm fairly newly self employed, been in the business nearly 8 years now since I was 16. Got made redundant last year, sat around for about 6 months feeling sorry for myself thinking what a load of **** this country has become. Late last year decided to get off my **** and help myself coz no one else was going too. So I started my own business, with no help from anywhere even though the job centre and government say theres loads of help for new businesses. My rates range from job to job the lowest I go is £18.75 to about £26 p/h depending on who I work for and how long the job is. I do have to say though work is very here and there at the moment, someweeks I'm working 6 days a week others i'm working one or two, it's all abit hit and miss at the minute. Hopeing the commercial stuff picks up after April and the new tax year.

I am in the far east of east anglia, right by the sea.

Last edited by a moderator:
And how would all these people buy KFC and MuckDonalds - without the dole money? Obviously, if you were to expel foreign workers then this would have to be part of a complete overhaul of the entire system. Especially the Education and the Benefits system. These would have to be completely ripped up and redrawn but like I said this ain't ever going to happen, and things are only going to get more and more worse.

PS: I notice that you have only mentioned white scum in your statement - why? Why are people too scared to mention 'idleness' among other races? ALL races have good and bad.
After all, I've heard it said that it is only 'those white scum who follow alien cultures and ethics who bring shame to the indigenous white population.'
So how do you answer that? This seems like a pretty racist comment to me... But it also seems to be generally true. What do some of the other blokes think.

I see your point !

There just seems to be so many white lazy chav families that do nothing more than breed and claim what ever they can. laughing at how 3-4 generations have never worked etc . We need to look at our "own" first. kick a load of people out will only create madness as no one will want to do the work , as they are all brought up to believe they are "special" and have so many exam passes (none of them any good !) that they must earn $40k + or marry a footballer etc . Kids have very very little idea of what real life is about .

I dont care who is needed to make the economy grow. I just want it to grow and the whole work ethic returned rather than the dole monkey style of life . It makes me sick when i see the housing they get etc .

WE HAVE become a lazy nation . Huge business owners etc have confirmed this , you can see how they now wish to employ.
If i was employing i will take the hardest and most honest worker, not interested in his skin colour etc and would treat them well.

hi guys, im in edinburgh working in the commercial sector getting £16.00 per hour min 40hours a wk o/t @ £24 plus callout charges etc , van , phone, sat nav.

Are the sparks on the london olympic sites union organised ? i think not because apparently they are mostly employed by agencies on crap money. They should be told that sparks who worked on wembley stadium were earning up to £2000 a week and that they should be earning a similar wage now! Imagine the publicity we would get if they went on strike to highlight our rubbish rates of pay,companies breaking agreements over the use of agencies and discarding any responsibilities towards employees regarding statutory holiday pay,bank holidays,ect.Also they save a fortune by not having to pay employers n.i.

wasin wholesalers yesterday n this came up small electrical firms in the are 1 to 5 employees charging from £19 from a 1 man band he hardly buys material lets customers buy it highest was £30 with mark up on Material they were saying to the £19 he should put his prices up then he could invest in tools and equipment training ect ect Hes always moaning about being Worked off his feet but moaning about being skint :S:S

Here's one that will shock you! I'm 20 years old and my Qualifications are as follow:

2330 Level 3
2382 17th edition full course
2377 PAT testing management course
2391 Inpsection and Testing
NVQ Level 2
AM2

And......................... I'm on £6.50 an hour!!!!!! The only thing left for me to complete in my NVQ Level 3 and I'm 12 units through it. I MUST BE MAD!!!

Cdavies, Ok your 20 yrs old and almost out of your time, But if you have 239/1 then your a FULLY approved Spark, min £14,50 an Hour (JIB RATES) out side of London, why dont you Register with some of the NATIONAL Agencies, always looking for 239 sparks, Worth a try mate, Andy, 15,16,17th JIB, ECS, and 39YRS OLD, (although you may have to Travel/work away to get that rate?

Been in good old hoosebashing for last 7 years , currently on £195(pre tax) per house , 5 houses a week. Usually walk away with £695 per week.

Been spoilled a little over the years , usually 20-30 hours per week very rarely anything less than 5 house a week. Contracts comming to an end though which is why I've been scouring this site.

Id struggle to go back to any other kind of work now to be honest , considering contracts further a field to keep in housebashing game , knock it if you will but its easy doe.

sheffield area in yorkshire,self employed for 9 years,got 04 vivaro,approx £5000 worth of tools,industrial contract with a very large engineering firm on a rate of £18 per hour,average inspection and test rate for domestic and commercial is £170,work on domestic rates of around £160 per day.

Reply to average wage of a sparks in the current climate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net