Discuss average wage of a sparks in the current climate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

When brits went to germany it was for the same money as the germans not less. Plus we were there because they didn't have enough sparks for the work.

i hate it when people say thatpoles ect are better workers than us brits. In my opinion and experience that just isnt true. Dont get me wrong ive worked along side some brilliant polish sparks, and fantastic polish scaffolders. Put it this way, if you are motivated enough to leave your own country and work away for months at a time, then you are going top work hard, because you are likely to be a motivaed and determined person. Polabnd have their own fair share of people who dont want to workl ect, but the majority of them are sat in poland, not over here. im sure the foreigners like our tradesmen for the same reason as above.

Times are hard at the mo for everybody with rising fuel, food ect, and wages not rising to keep up. Wages lowering all the time, and not enough jobs to go round. all we can keep doing, is working hard, not living outside our means, and keeping our chins up. It aint gona get any easier any time soon.

John

The French farmers know how to look after themselves.They block the ports and the motorways and get workers from other sectors to come out and support them.
You look at the mass portests when they were putting the pension age over there to 62.They must have been laughing at us when Blair and Co put the plans in place for us to go up to 68

so... what is the answer, do we all complain on forums and nothing happens ? or do people in this country stand up and say "enough" like we did "poll tax" style.

Unless those in the Industrial business stand up for themselves etc then this time next year you can be sure it will be 30% worse.

how can you say that it is ok for poles to work here when a bloke can employ 3 poles for the price of a british bloke which I think is horrific. The four week wonders are worse cos they work for peanuts and it puts the rate down for everyone else.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Despite these debates going on here and many other parts of the media etc, i see very little in the way of solving the problem?
Those that employ Poles etc might only be doing it so they themselves can survive etc ? Contracts are worth less so the costs must be lowered etc . Its messy and will get worse.

But again.... its never going to change until the trades people in this country put their tools down and block access to the suppliers etc .

I for one have noticed that far more suppliers are been paid in cash, this means not only are people working cheaper they are not paying tax etc . In my book people working with lots of cash tend to be "iffy"
something has to be done . what is worse,,, a poles working cheaper or a Brit working cheaper and not paying tax etc ? same thing, both ruining this country , Yet "one" only gets the criticism !

To say the poles work harder than brits is just plain silly. Yes the majority of poles we see in the UK are hard working, but what we don't see are the lazy ones back in Poland...

At the moment the biggest leech on our trade are agencies and sites like My Hammer. Thats where we need to start. Cut out these slimy middle men.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run my own small business, i currently have 1 spark, 1 trainee & 1 subby working for me. I pay my spark £140pd & the trainee £60pd & the subby does price work but not full time
I do mainly domestic refurbs. I charge my clients £65 per point. I generally get my guys to do the projects whilst i run about organising materials meeting customers & liasing with other trades etc, in between that i do several call outs a week & small maintenance jobs charged out at £70 per hour. & then there's all the admin, pricing invoices etc. We are based in West London, work at the moment is plentiful. All in all at the end of the year i make about £50k (although 08/09 was considerably less due to the financial collapse). May seem like a lot but its not great for all the responsibility & stress of running your own business. Despite the dramatic rise in copper I have not been able to put my prices up for several years due to the fragile economy, so despite having a higher turnover than a couple of years ago my profit is pretty much the same. So the purpose of this entry is to show you both sides of the coin. & i am also interested to know if my figures campare to anyone out there in similar circumstances.

Nothing will ever happen because if anyone stands up and says I am not working for that there is now a hundred at least happy to take the job

EXACTLY.... Supply and demand. The Traitorous Government - of Tory blue or Liebore red (with the support of the Unions) ships 'em in for the companies to use; in order to maximise their profits (and the Government's coffers) and keep the workers down. So all this talk of strikes, riots, protests etc etc is totally meaningless. The ONLY way that things will change is to close ALL the borders and expell all foreign workers!!!
Is that going to happen??? No. Net immigration, will only increase. And in the mean time, the unemployment rate for British workers will continue to rise.
OH and for those of you whom think that this is some sort of Right-wing rant NOTE I said BRITISH NOT WHITE.

Ken

Its all self feeding now and more and more out sourcing is going on behind closed doors along with bringing in cheaper and cheaper labour, they call it free movement lol.

I learned a while back, the powers up above have to look after each other, this as been going on for hundreds of years, only now its done in a more civilized manner.

You know also debt helps keep people under control and while people keep taking on more of it, the big players love it lol.

These threads will be going for hundreds of years to come, because history keeps repeating its self lol

EXACTLY.... Supply and demand. The Traitorous Government - of Tory blue or Liebore red (with the support of the Unions) ships 'em in for the companies to use; in order to maximise their profits (and the Government's coffers) and keep the workers down. So all this talk of strikes, riots, protests etc etc is totally meaningless. The ONLY way that things will change is to close ALL the borders and expell all foreign workers!!!
Is that going to happen??? No. Net immigration, will only increase. And in the mean time, the unemployment rate for British workers will continue to rise.
OH and for those of you whom think that this is some sort of Right-wing rant NOTE I said BRITISH NOT WHITE.

still will not work far too many scum white families trawling the high streets smoking and eating KFC, overweight and no wish to ever work. Like their kids and parents etc . This is not due to there been no work, its down to huge amounts of lazy people all been fed by those that do work.

You expel foreign workers and i guarantee every hospital in the UK will close, there will be no bus drivers etc . We whites that do work hard rely a lot on others to help the world work around us. What we need in this country is to restore the natural work ethic and stop thinking that we all have to be rich . Life is not good for many of us
But i get more angry with whites telling me its their right to get fat. look ugly and sit watching chav tv all day. Some of these foreigners have gone through hell to get to this country . Not all of them are work shy etc We need to build this country and anyone paying their way should be part of it . ALL others need to be well and truly kicked into touch . Sterilize those that will never work .
STOP THE ROT

this past 12 months i've been on 11,50 pr hr to 14,50 pr hour, from Cornwall up to Wiltshire, and everything inbetween, Money wise, Seems to be around 13,50 on average for me thou, that was Domestic/Commercial and semi=Industrial work, Although I've had my Fare share of BASKET this past 12 months,

still will not work far too many scum white families trawling the high streets smoking and eating KFC, overweight and no wish to ever work. Like their kids and parents etc . This is not due to there been no work, its down to huge amounts of lazy people all been fed by those that do work.

You expel foreign workers and i guarantee every hospital in the UK will close, there will be no bus drivers etc . We whites that do work hard rely a lot on others to help the world work around us. What we need in this country is to restore the natural work ethic and stop thinking that we all have to be rich . Life is not good for many of us
But i get more angry with whites telling me its their right to get fat. look ugly and sit watching chav tv all day. Some of these foreigners have gone through hell to get to this country . Not all of them are work shy etc We need to build this country and anyone paying their way should be part of it . ALL others need to be well and truly kicked into touch . Sterilize those that will never work .
STOP THE ROT
And how would all these people buy KFC and MuckDonalds - without the dole money? Obviously, if you were to expel foreign workers then this would have to be part of a complete overhaul of the entire system. Especially the Education and the Benefits system. These would have to be completely ripped up and redrawn but like I said this ain't ever going to happen, and things are only going to get more and more worse.

PS: I notice that you have only mentioned white scum in your statement - why? Why are people too scared to mention 'idleness' among other races? ALL races have good and bad.
After all, I've heard it said that it is only 'those white scum who follow alien cultures and ethics who bring shame to the indigenous white population.'
So how do you answer that? This seems like a pretty racist comment to me... But it also seems to be generally true. What do some of the other blokes think.

Reply to average wage of a sparks in the current climate in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net