Discuss Back in the game! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, after serving my time with Norweb and getting my City & Guilds Pt 1, 2, C Certificate and ONC in Electrical Engineering (15th Edition days!) , I sparked for a number of years then was,lucky enough to move up the ladder. That was back mid 90s. After taking redundancy im starting up again. I've still kept my hand in over the years but have a few questions, based on the fact I'll only be doing small domestic jobs.
Do I really need 18th Edition?
Should I do my part P?
Am I technically still 'legal' being time served and qualified?

Cheers everyone!,

18thedition would be beneficial.
part p is a building reg, fin it at planning portal. it will tell you what jobs are notifiable.
to do notifiable work, best to join niceic or on of the other scams, otherwise you would be shelling out hundreds to your local council (tocomply with part p).

one of the short courses would help to gain membershi of a scam. the course will include 18th and bring you up to speed with current regs.

oh, and don't eat too many pies.

18thedition would be beneficial.
part p is a building reg, fin it at planning portal. it will tell you what jobs are notifiable.
to do notifiable work, best to join niceic or on of the other scams, otherwise you would be shelling out hundreds to your local council (tocomply with part p).

one of the short courses would help to gain membershi of a scam. the course will include 18th and bring you up to speed with current regs.

oh, and don't eat too many pies.
Yep, main concern is anything notifiable, so will sort part P. And you're right, memembership always was and always will be a scamming opportunity..but necessary unfortunately!

Can never have too many pies! ??

Aye, good times as an apprentice and remember the coach to Daniel Training Centre!?
i only remember the paddy wagon to Walton Jail. ( Scouse prison for us wheel shatchers).

haha. pie eaters and Boddingtons united.

never liked boddingtons after they put that widget in the cand and made it like that john smiths (yuk) smoothflow. like the line from crocodile dundee. tastes like sh*t but you can live on it.

I have just got started on the forum and thought yes, put an opening post up.
Got to "Hello" page, saw your post and thought "Thats nearly me" :D

I served my time with Manweb and got my City & Guilds Pt 1, 2, and C Certificate...
The training was great and varied, how many employers do from 33KV to fixing washing machines and everything in between :p

Unfortunatly Manweb wasn't great at getting contracts and, having finished my apprenticeship, I did a few years in meter test before going to work in the events industry... Yep, events industry which is why I'm now looking at getting back on the game.....

I have no desire to go back to "House Bashing", I hated lifting carpets and moving furniture when I was 20 but I did like the more industrial side :)

I have also realised how much things have changed :O
But that's another post. For now I will just say Hello :D

Reply to Back in the game! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net