Search the forum,

Discuss Bad day yesterday in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well heres what I'd do...
We all have to work with poor/non existent plans from time to time...thats life
Find out where they want the double sockets above work top and chase em in than just leave a long ring pair loose under each bank of base units thats gonna have machines, run in a 6mm for the hob and a 2.5 radial for the oven (if its single) and again, leave em long and loose on the floor roughly where they are needed.
This way when you come to second fix you can just pull yer ring out from under the cupboard and poke it into whatever cupboards want isolators/sockets in em, then just drill a 50mm hole through the back panel to bring the plugs in from the machines.
With diversity theres not much chance of a 6mm being inadequate for a hob or a 2.5 for a single oven.

Now I know that your not 'supposed' to put accessories in kitchen cupboards but who cares....everyone does it....I do it as a rule... its quicker, easier, looks better and gives flexibility on second fix.

As my old scottish college tutor used to say "we all dae et, but yeer nae suppoooosed te dea et"

Trouble is....

Sparky : Can I see the plans please Mr Builder?

Builder : Whatever for? Dave, my NICE electrician, just pulls in plenty of cable somewhere near and we decide later on. Stop making such a fuss and get on with it....

Reply to Bad day yesterday in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock