Discuss bathroom Zone 1 wall light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning all, first time back posting after a long time away, reading through some of the threads again it appears nothing seems to have changed ;);)
A fried of mine is getting a new bathroom put in, and is getting wall lights dotted around, he's looking at the Astro "mast light"
Astro Lighting - https://www.astrolighting.com/products/7965

I've had a look on the website and datasheet, and they say it is suitable for Zone 1 installation, but I can't figure out how? It's 230v, class 1. Am I missing something obvious here or is there an issue with Astro telling porkies?

Thanks for that, I must admit my thinking was that the regs as to require IPX4 and reduced voltage/class III, but I don’t have my BYB with me so couldn’t have a check.

But I would be advising the client against it!

A light in zone 1 - really?

From what I gather there’s 3 going along a wall and the one in question is going on a wall, adjacent to a free standing bath, which is pretty close, but not touching the wall. The bathroom fitter (alarm bells) has advised what type of fittings etc, I was just asked to try and get a few prices for him.

From what I gather there’s 3 going along a wall and the one in question is going on a wall, adjacent to a free standing bath, which is pretty close, but not touching the wall. The bathroom fitter (alarm bells) has advised what type of fittings etc, I was just asked to try and get a few prices for him.

Does said fitter have a good understanding of the regs we follow?

My reservations are that the client could late change the fitting for something far less suitable ............sure that's not your problem , but if the sticky stuff hit the fan, it may well also hit you.

I would express my concerns over such an arrangement, in writing to the client.

Does said fitter have a good understanding of the regs we follow?

My reservations are that the client could late change the fitting for something far less suitable ............sure that's not your problem , but if the sticky stuff hit the fan, it may well also hit you.

I would express my concerns over such an arrangement, in writing to the client.
I advised him when he first told me of his plans, that he should get a spark in. I’m not a massive fan of fan of Bathroom/kitchen fitters who do the electrics. So I’m hoping he’ll get one in.
As I say, other than getting the prices to my mate, im not doing any work for them. I suppose it’s undoubtedly a potential issue, but I think in this case it’s an instance of more money than sense.

I advised him when he first told me of his plans, that he should get a spark in. I’m not a massive fan of fan of Bathroom/kitchen fitters who do the electrics. So I’m hoping he’ll get one in.

So who's to check the incoming supply, earthing, bonding .........

Most bathroom fitters don't give a txss about electrics and compliance!

Reply to bathroom Zone 1 wall light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net