Discuss Be warned!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

WARNING YOU!!!

To all do not buy over the phone for advertising in magazines that claim to be connected to the emergency services, one printed in liverpool! there's a bloke who cold calls for your support for the magazines , i spoke to many people who have seen no work for there money they have paid ,trading standards are aware and we are in the process of making people aware not to give your hard earned money to possible scams of selling false advertising space , be aware ,dont be tricked there very good on the phone be warned!!!!!!!!! Happy trading

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up.

I nearly got scammed once by a firm that sounded like that one. They said I had verbally agreed a contract when in fact I hadn't, and then tried to start court proceedings to collect monies owned. I wrote to the court and they squashed it.

As a general rule I tend to never buy from cold callers of any type, and then if I do ever need anything, I shop around myself. That's for both personal and business life.

These are the guys who start to shout at you when you say no. This one guy acts really nice then once you say no he becomes abusive and aggressive. I've spoke to him a few times.To the point where you picture him in your head having a heart attack.The sell always starts with. This is so and so we are calling from the north west police agency...don't worry you're not in any trouble....

I had a company ring me with that or a similar line, and a couple of other more 'legit' companies like Thompson Local. I think I've found a response that their script can't cope with. I thank them for calling and say that I have so much work on, fully booked for the next three months. So if there advertising is as good as they say, I wouldn't be able to take on the work.

They stutter a bit, ask if I'm serious, then give up.

I had it recently also. Pretending to be advertising for emergency services. Said that thousands of booklets will be delivered. They re-arrange your phone to make it sound that you verbally agreed to pay whatever they say. After I looked into it right after the call, realised it was a scam. Sounded to good to be true. Told them where to go by the 2nd phone call after they sent me this invoice with no proofs! (I've blanked my details)
5acb1b1d-ce91-e625.jpg

Printing company is Knightsbridge Media.

I seen other people being hit with fake debt letters trying to get it out of you. Trading standards & Police have been informed.

Last edited by a moderator:
they drive me nut's! if i have time when they call i like to play along giving false details and waste as much of their time as possible!
if I don't have time then rude responses have been known! tell them you will only deal with them if they put it in writing and the phone usually go's dead pretty quick!

Had this myself a few years ago now, it was something about a road safety booklet for schools and were given my thoughts over the phone,lol. They just earn money on a phone recording of you saying yes. I thought this scam died but I guess there are a lot of being taken in by it for them to still think it works.

this company has been going years, betend there from fire station or police station. They used to phone on every phone and get really nasty.

Evening lads
you,ll laugh at this! Yesterday this police, fire service scam rang me fortunatly i had previously read this thread so at first i told them to ring me back at 4pm so i could of got back onto this thread to confirm what i was hearing which they never, however they did ring back today so when asked if i was the company owner i said "what company" (in a very dumb accent) to which they said "your electrician company" so again i repeated in my dumb voice " what company do you mean" this went on for a good minute i was enjoying myself i could feel there voice tone turning red, then i promptly told them to f### off and hung up, 20 mins later they rang back always a private number and i said "morning" and the same lad simply said " lick my hairy balls" and hung up on me haha professional or what, thanks for the tip off lads

Couldnt of been you, you havnt got any haha also his accent was scouse and your accent is an inbreed mix of geordie/makem lol

these are exactly the sort of people that prompted me to get an answerphone on the landline and put a voicemail message on my phone, genuine people leave a message, and i do get back to them, scams fakes and salespeople tend to hang up, have had a few voicemail messages lately where there is a computer generated voice telling me my cal is in a que!!! they called me!!! thank god for answerfones, oh and any numbers that i dont recognise and no message left a quick search on google just confirms tht i was correct not to answer 9 times out of ten

I,ll stand naked outside ur rented house when potential tenants arrive if you try, or jump on the gypsies horse and ride bareback round ur garden that will put them off

Reply to Be warned!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net