Discuss Best method of advertising for PAT testing work? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tedgman

Is it best just to do legwork and go in person to local shops pubs etc and ask if you can give them a quote or are there other methods that pull the work in?

not really advertising, send a email or letter to facilities managers in large offices. drop of leaflets in larger commercial properties. networking events.

I get silly amounts of work through plumbers i work for, i'm lucky as i know alot already but a phone call to a few can't hurt. (plumbers only care about money so go in low to start)

bobby wats a plumber gotta do with pat testing,,,,,,,,,mate its a big market with big firms paying pennies to guys to do hundreds of items per day, all d guys do is issue stickers, look up older pat test posts

Hi

Would recommend trying local letting agencies. Charge a fixed price per property, regardless if its 2 items or 20 items. Works well for me and much quicker payment than larger commercial businesses.
Can often pick up other electrical remedial work if you give the property a quick visual check ( damaged socket outlets, extractors not working, transformers packed up on downlighters etc)
Many of my recommendations for PIR's are also followed up on.

Best of luck

Mark

I don't get the connection either. Plumbers? Pat testing?

The plumbers round me are usually Gas Safe registered and as such do for example Landlords safety certs or more likely letting certs. In turn these properties usually need PAT testing on kit too..............therefore, get friendly with a couple of plumbers and do a trade recommendation swap.....works for me!!!

Simple connection eh!:D

Reply to Best method of advertising for PAT testing work? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net