Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Best Spotlights out there? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. alban moffitt

alban moffitt Active EF Member

Business Name:
    McKelectrictoshentire Ltd.
    hi guys
    i am planning a rewire in a medium sized house. Lounge, dining room, kitchen and bedrooms are all going to be spots apart from the odd pendent over breakfast bar. i am looking for some quality spots that dont cost the earth!
    also any particular preference over grid wiring or standard socket plates. i know its more flexible but wondering if its worth it?
    thanks in advance

2. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    My preference for downlights at the moment is enlite/aurora. find them well made, not too expensive and if you were to go for just the cheap other brand cans then I would use the aurora gu10's as they are well priced and not had a failure yet. I really like the aurora ones you can flick the switch on top to switch between cool white and warm white. only downside is its an integrated led so if in the unlikely event it failed you would have to replace the unit. they also come with different colour bezels. fitted them in my sisters house and they look good.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Zdb

Zdb Regular EF Member

Enlite E8 CX

4. Jim_e_Jib

Jim_e_Jib Regular EF Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Dobes_88

Dobes_88 Jamie Electrician's Arms

Another vote for Enlite E8's or Enlite 5W GU10's, really can't go wrong with Enlite/Aurora.

Not a fan of grid switches personally purely for aesthetics, prefer to only have sockets on show with isolators tucked away in cupboards.

6. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

Anything gu10, combined fittings are useless in my opinion. Who wants to cha he the whole fitting when the light goes out? Certainly none of my customers. Always fit lights with lamps that can be replaced

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jay89

Jay89 Regular EF Member

Another vote for aurora enlite cans and 5w GU10s. Forum sponsor has the lamps available at a good price and discount code available

8. bigspark17

bigspark17 Electrician's Arms

Not a fan of the e8, had lots of failures and dont like the connectors! Cans and lamps are ok but intergrated looks better imo. Been fitting collingwood H2’s recently and am very pleased with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    I needed to fill some large cutouts in a bathroom the other day and went for the Aurora Enlite 10w sprytes which fitted an 82mm hole (90mm dia total). Stonking great things and gave out some good light. 500mm bare end cable so good for click flow connections.
    Shallow so good for high ceilings with not much room.
    JCC V50s for me otherwise.

10. Jay89

Jay89 Regular EF Member

The aurora enlites, enlite lamps and IP bezels pretty much look like integrated fittings. The lamps no longer sit back up in the fitting. Probably don’t have the same beam angle mind

11. ferg

ferg Electrician's Arms

Enlite E8's or Ansell orbio 360's

Both are good the 360's are flexible for fitting in awkward spots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. sweet212

sweet212 Active EF Member

Collingwood H2 pro is my choice. Around £24 inc Vat, changeable bezels including square shape, small shallow fittings and insulation coverable. 7 year extended warranty if registered online too. I also like the KSR Gu10 cans for customers on tighter budgets.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Idpost

Idpost Regular EF Member

JCC V50, purely for ease of fitting, oh and they're switchable between cool and warm white

14. rolyberkin

rolyberkin Electrician's Arms

Enlite E5 for me, once you get the hang of wiring them up they are a breeze and look good.

15. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Enlite cans and GU10 lamps....If the jobs for a builder or a skinflint then I bang in the cheapest GU10 lamps possible....I’ve even been known to go into screwfix and but their Lap lamps :eek: or I get Vtac lamps for around a quid. Other than above, then I use Phillips GU10s but they are around 4 quidish.

These are the cheap crap ones I buy

https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-gu10-led-light-bulb-345lm-4-7w-50-pack/632fh