Discuss Black box in old consumer unit - electrician stumped. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Which Museum is this?
it's lucien's private museum pride of place is this gem:

27498_894400.jpg

I'm one of the bulbs at the back! It's not going to be private for much longer. It's been a long time in the making and there are more delays as we'll probably be moving the collection soon, but when we arrive at the far end, it will be a proper visitable exhibition. Website is getting rather out of date but see www.electrokinetica.org

Lucien's museum looks just like the 'Electric room' in one of the old mill buildings I work in from time to time. No table, just lots of weird and wonderful buzzing things with big levers and dials.

Last edited:
I'm one of the bulbs at the back! It's not going to be private for much longer. It's been a long time in the making and there are more delays as we'll probably be moving the collection soon, but when we arrive at the far end, it will be a proper visitable exhibition. Website is getting rather out of date but see www.electrokinetica.org
Interesting!
Is this a big collection Lucien?
Going off your location is it in London?

Lucien - I have an old early Crabtree current operated trip that looks like the voltage type but in two parts, if you don't have one I can send it to you ?

Engel and Gibbs blast from the past it will normally to control heating load & can be linked to off peak supply. Some of these units contained asbestos.. beware. By the look of the photos this install needs serious updating. The buzzing is due to the age of the coil. This must be 40 years old at least

Engel and Gibbs blast from the past it will normally to control heating load & can be linked to off peak supply. Some of these units contained asbestos.. beware. By the look of the photos this install needs serious updating. The buzzing is due to the age of the coil. This must be 40 years old at least

Reply to Black box in old consumer unit - electrician stumped. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net