Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Boiler Connection Help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. TJS

TJS Guest

Can anyone help, I have just done a rewire on a house that has been completley refurbished and the homeowner has decided to put the old boiler (Glow worm) back into service and wants a s plan. I dont normally get involved with boilers and there is no wiring diagram for the boiler. There is 2 flex cables coming from the boiler, one has the usual Cpc, Live and neutral. the other is a 5 core flex and without the wiring diagram that came with the boiler, i need to know what each core serves

Tj

2. puddle

puddle Guest

What model boiler is it ?

Has it a built in clock ?

3. DarrenB

DarrenB Guest

Not 100% certain but i would think the 3-core goes out to pump (over-run), and i would say your 5-core serves a permanent live, neutral, cpc, and switch wire. I've a feeling you may have a spare core??

Darren

4. MarkieSparkie

MarkieSparkie Guest

Hi TJS, If you supply us with the following:
    Make, model and serial number of the boiler.
    Make and model of the heating controller/programmer, pump, valve(s) and thermostat(s).
    We can then give you specific circuit and connection details.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  5. boldspark

boldspark Guest

There is no other way to determine what each of the cores (including cpc) connect to, apart from you personally finding out.
    Personally, I would disconnect whatever is there, test the integrity of both cables, and start from scratch.