Discuss Boiler FCU Spur question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chrisgc

Hi

Just wondering what your opinions are when it comes to installing an FCU for a boiler?

1) On its own circuit?
2) Off a lighting circuit?
3) Off a ring main circuit?

What are the pros and cons if any etc?

I am about to do one and was wondering what the general feeling is about it.

Chris

Hi

Just wondering what your opinions are when it comes to installing an FCU for a boiler?

1) On its own circuit?
2) Off a lighting circuit?
3) Off a ring main circuit?

What are the pros and cons if any etc?

I am about to do one and was wondering what the general feeling is about it.

Chris

Option 1 or 3 depending on logistics....

3) ring final circuit (sockets)
4) radial socket circuit

All are valid solutions. Do whatever is easiest for the particular job at hand. Obviously circuit loading is especially important to consider with option 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a spare way in CU so may go for the seperate circuit.

What kind of size cb am I looking at? and is 1.5mm cable size sufficient?

First it was 6kw and now she wants 9kw. Where is this all gonna stop!

It's all my fault, I was bored and the OP never mentioned GAS boiler or COMBI so I thought I'd spice it up a little ;)

Just goes to show how assumptions are made on these 'crystal ball' designs!

Reply to Boiler FCU Spur question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My mother wants a double socket adding next to a desk, behind the desk there is a 10mm (i dont know the MCB in the Consumer Unit) which...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, We had an electrician over, who fitted a 40a MCB in the house consumer unit to supply a new build garage. It's underground SWA...
Replies
Views
At the moment it depends on the weather on how well the central heating works, the main problem is the Nest Gen 3 thermostat only measures the...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Been to a job on Fri where the customer had a condition report completed. Two of the remedial identified was that there were too...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock