Discuss Boiler relay options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
A new. 10k boiler has been installed where there is an existing shower normally i use a RL1 voltage relay but is there perhaps a current sensing relay which can be used instead
Pict

The normal solution is a voltage relay that opens the run signal to the boiler when voltage is present on the shower circuit after the the isolator so I thought that a current sensing relay at the supply source would be as effective without the need for several metres of wiring

Do they not work by means of a flow sensor?
Turn on the shower, water flows and the boiler ignites?
Come to think on it, why would there be voltage or current for a shower that uses heated water from the boiler?

A damned sight cheaper than the Potterton relay IIRC.

Also it kicks in at 6a so the boiler won't cut out if the shower is left on but not used.

I used it for a shower with a different kind of heating load and had a contactor to switch the heating load.

They are very commonly used in Ireland due to the small cut out fuses I believe

Reply to Boiler relay options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening! Don’t have a huge deal of experience with fire alarms but having to work on a conventional system at the minute with various...
Replies
Views
Hello, We have been asked to install A Modicon Controller to provide PC control over an existing installation that has contractors/key switches...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, So my van got found after being stolen ;D Now I'm installing my own alarm on the van which is triggered when a door is opened. Im...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'd like to move the existing socket that feeds the boiler down to where I've pencilled in that can be seen on the photo. The socket to the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock