Search the forum,

Discuss Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Depending on which side of the fence any of us sit on this subject i am sure we could make up an argument to suit our own agendas. The bottom line line is that we will all have to wait and see and just put up with whatever the consequences are good or bad.

Sure as heck we as individuals can't to anything about these details now, its up to our esteemed leaders to sort it.

we already see that fuel has come down by about 10p/litre.

I thinks thats down to the Russkies & Saudi's squabbling over output.

Or is it 'cos there's not sport to go to watch, no ones going out clubbing or generally travelling. Mind there must be some travelling miles in search of toilet rolls.

Well... quite alot actually. Think about all the things that we currently have to pay a tariff on that don't originate from the EU... Pineapples for example ! EU tariff if 5.8% I think... but once we've left... 0%. There's a very very long list of EU tariffs that we won't need to pay if we revert to WTO rules.

And imagine if Barnier & co. stipulate a deal that harms Spanish or Italian exports to the UK... they'll be riots on the streets of Rome and Madrid !!!
You say 'Think about all the things that we currently have to pay a tariff on that don't originate from the EU' then give me:---------------------Pineapples.

How many pineapples do you buy in a year? I'm guessing a lot if you’re looking forward to the imaginary saving you're about to make.

but it's not just pineapples. what about bananas. mostly from Carribean. bet there's loads of other stuff will be cheaper. not considering bog rolls atm., i expect them to peak at £2/wipe.

You say 'Think about all the things that we currently have to pay a tariff on that don't originate from the EU' then give me:---------------------Pineapples.
About half of what we import comes from OUTSIDE of the EU (by value)... I just picked Pineapples as an example... I don't have time to list all the myriad of goods that will become cheaper under WTO rules.

but it's not just pineapples. what about bananas. mostly from Carribean. bet there's loads of other stuff will be cheaper. not considering bog rolls atm., i expect them to peak at £2/wipe.
Now bananas, do you know how much bananas cost? about 40p/lb in my local supermarket. I normally get a bunch every week and pay around 80p.

And imagine if Barnier & co. stipulate a deal that harms Spanish or Italian exports to the UK... they'll be riots on the streets of Rome and Madrid !!!
No riots. Especially not in Italy or Spain. Both in lockdown I believe.

how can you have a riot and be socially distancing?

Blimey ! one minute he wants evidence that prices will go down... we give him that... and now's he's moaning about it ! (btw under EU rules, it's still illegal to sell bananas by the lb...)
Fair enough, bananas 'may' go down a couple of pence. But I doubt it.
The point is if you asked me for a benefit of staying in and I gave you 'truffles will be cheaper' I'm sure you'd have some fun with that.
(btw under EU rules, it's never been illegal to sell bananas by the lb)

Reply to Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock