Currently reading:
broken socket outlet

Discuss broken socket outlet in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
yo, went to fix socket outlet tonight, and what has happened is the wings inside back box has broken off, so faceplate wont screw back on.

dont want to try get box out as is tiled. has any of yous just put large screw right through back of box.or have a better soloution.. thanks

I've put this up before but I use the knock out from a plaster depth box:D

photo-61.jpg

just re=read. is it a dry lining box? if so just take the wings out of a new box and shove 'em in.

or you could fill back box with wet plaster shove socket front on and tape up till plaster goes off. useful test for RCD as well, if you not got your MFT handy.

Reply to broken socket outlet in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back