Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Brother P-Touch label printer cartridges. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder EF Member

Good morning ladies and gents.
    For those who use a Brother labeller, do you use genuine cartridges or compatibles? And where do you get them?

Cheers.

2. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

Genuine. Tried a couple of the none genuine ones and didn't think they where much good.

And oddly I get them from Ebay, can often find a decent deal on them if you look around and are patient.

• Like Like x 2
  3. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    I was going to post this exact question as got a Brother labelling machine. I have only used 12mm they say you can use 9mm it this true. I used to get Dyno non-genuine ones of that make and were ok for labelling up sockets but I was always dubious of the length.

4. littlespark

littlespark Electrician's Arms

White or yellow insulating tape and a black marker pen

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. SJD

SJD Forum Mentor

Genuine Brother tapes but from eBay.

Just stocked up with 18mm black on yellow tape for £7 a cassette (compared to approx. double that from Screwfix etc.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Strima

Strima Electrician's Arms

I've never had any issues with compatible tapes. I only buy genuine when the customers paying... :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Moley

Moley Baaaa!!!

I always use compatible off ebay. Never had any problems

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. suffolkspark

suffolkspark Electrician's Arms

Yes mate i put some thinner tape in mine this time round, i have a budget model and with the 12mm tape even with font set to small its quite large ... Thinner tape got it printing thinner... Amazon i got last ones from

• Like Like x 2
  9. Green Sparkie

Green Sparkie Active EF Member

Been using a genuine one but just bought some compatible ones to use and they were cheap so they could be awful. Will report back when I try them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Then you all moan and bitch about customers buying cheap fittings from Screwfix that you have to fit......... :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. NDG Elecs

NDG Elecs Electrician's Arms

I tried compatible ones once.. Out of three cartridges two ended up in the bin pretty sharpish as they snagged up when trying to use them. That was for a brother P Touch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GMES

GMES Hairy and proud Staff Member Admin

Compatible off Amazon can get a pack of either 4 or 5 for the price of 1 genuine from the wholesaler with no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stantheman

stantheman Regular EF Member

Hmm, there seems to be mixed results re compatibles, try both and make a decision for yourself from there.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Lol

Much easier to come on here and to post a thread up thus making the decision even more confusing........

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. suffolkspark

suffolkspark Electrician's Arms

Compatables i guess can be hit and miss... Once got some that the backing was a right barse to peel off!