Discuss Can 2 way radio trip RCBO'S in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Would be interesting to have a scope on the affected circuits when the radios are being used to see what interference is induced into the cabling

I’ve had a radio cause merry hell on the old hard wired logic control systems.

Likewise when we blasted the face, no one could use a radio for ¼ hour before the blast. The detonators weren’t connected up until that point, once connected a radio could set off the charge.

Does the installation really need rcbo's.
What are the pro's and cons with reference to risk assessment.
Commercial premises yes !!
Primary shock protection good old fashion earth return, giving a nice fast disconnection time.
rcbo's are a nice addition, but that's all they are.
And if they are more trouble than there worth, time to look at the bigger picture.
Risk assessment, nuisance tripping, regs vs non compliance, departure from, ect ect.
You get my drift.

Operating theatre, essential electrical equipment, if supply is interrupted patient dies, rcbo's were in the spec, but what do you reckon happened during final and separate risk assessment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many places won't allow mobiles to be carried. They can be just as dangerous in some instances.

I wasn't being serious with my post!! lol!! ,

Though i would imagine on most construction sites, even those nearing completion, mobiles wouldn't cause any problems. There's a lot of cac about the use of mobiles, they have been conning us for years about using mobiles on airplanes, yet i know of pilots and air crew that have regularly used them over the years while flying.

Having said that it's a damn good thing that mobiles are banned in as many places as possible, they are a bloody nuisance to everyone around them!! lol!!

Reply to Can 2 way radio trip RCBO'S in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net