Discuss Can i spur more then once with bigger cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

tomodo

-
Reaction score
Hi guys working in a factory having to spur off a ring main problem is its already got a fuse spur coming off it for some fans. The ring main is on a 32A breaker and wired in 4mm guessing this might be for volt drop. Question is can i spur off this socket twice using 4mm cable? Then the cabel is protected and safe still. so i can get wires in terminals was thinking to relocate fused spur for fans into new added socket. so it will go RING MAIN spured to new socket then out of there to fused spur. All wired in 4mm. cheers

Go for it! No problem at all in doing what you have proposed.
No need to refer to the dummies guide for RFCs

However it might be beneficial for someone unclear on a subject to read and research the available guidance rather than just to "go for it" on the say so of someone on the internet.

I find it strange that so many qualified electricians need so many guides to tell them exactly what to do..
How would you cope if there wasn't so many step by step set of instructions?
I feel that based on my observations that anybody with the ability to read could quite easily be an electrician..
Refer to the dummies guide on RFCs what does it say with regards to this situation?

I find it strange that so many qualified electricians need so many guides to tell them exactly what to do..
How would you cope if there wasn't so many step by step set of instructions?
I feel that based on my observations that anybody with the ability to read could quite easily be an electrician..
Refer to the dummies guide on RFCs what does it say with regards to this situation?

So you know it all do you?

Charlie...When an op asks questions, most members do not need the regs book to answer it correctly. But they will quote the relevant section to aid the op with their reply. This is encouraged on the forum to prevent false or incorrect information being given.

That's a fair point Tazz but on this occasion what the op has been referred to is not relevent..
Also a lot of the time certain members are not helpful, frequently very rude..
Just quoting a reg number or something from the dummies guide is not being helpful, why not give advice substantiated with relevent regs, etc

That's a fair point Tazz but on this occasion what the op has been referred to is not relevent..
Also a lot of the time certain members are not helpful, frequently very rude..
Just quoting a reg number or something from the dummies guide is not being helpful, why not give advice substantiated with relevent regs, etc

I take it Charlie you are having a dig at me as one of the members who suggested the OP looks at App15 for details of how to wire spurs Ring finals and Radial finals, I believe the OP is an Electrician or a trainee I'm not sure,either way he ought to have access to the BYB or the OSG, I can't see, or understand your comment "not helpful just quoting regs etc" well I assure I was being helpful, rather than quote lines and line of text it would, in my opinion be for more helpful to the OP if he could look up the relevant information for himself, there I'm out:rant:

Reply to Can i spur more then once with bigger cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net