Discuss Can you spot whats missing. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

oscar21

Esteemed
Reaction score
Took me a while before I realised, the building is a block of 6 flats, all submains go to each flat with the meter and consumer unit located within the flats for each unit.
IMG_20231127_131152_585.jpg

IMG_20231127_131147_450.jpg

has someone taped up the original Neutral cable with green/yellow tape?
there seem to be 2 earths from the service head of different sizes, i wonder if one has been mis identified.

No metering to that LL's sub board
Thats the one. Tails straight out of the Bemco (which only has fuses in in) and straight into the LL board via the isolator. There are a few blocks the same as this dotted around, I wonder if they are all done like this. Free electric for years, quite a new board as well, 2018 if the label was from new, why would it not be picked up then.

Ah I see, there are a few things thats rough about it, the service head isn't fastened to anything really, the 6 submains are just held with pinching glands and the new backboard is loose.

Reply to Can you spot whats missing. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Afternoon All, Just pricing up a job and thought I'd pick your brains. Quick run-down, Block of Flats with an underground car park. In the...
Replies
Views
What are peoples opinion's on this, pair of big old semi-detached houses (85 and 87) converted into apartments, dont think its a HMO although it...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Got a job converting commercial property into 4 flats, 2 up 2 down all with electric meters on the outside on ground floor, SWA to...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, I have been asked to look at a problem with a bolted neutral but no one seems to know what exactly is the problem. SSE...
Replies
Views
I live in a flat in Scotland supplied with an old 2 meter system called THTC where one meter using a time signal supplied heating and hot water...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock