Discuss Certificate Software. What do you use? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can someone explain how you go about using this software please.I'm guessing you take a laptop or somekind of hand held device to the job,use this to enter your test results and then print off cert and give to customer? Is this the case because it sounds a bit much to me. thanks

Can someone explain how you go about using this software please.I'm guessing you take a laptop or somekind of hand held device to the job,use this to enter your test results and then print off cert and give to customer? Is this the case because it sounds a bit much to me. thanks

With the Easycert software I usually start by printing out a blank form (called a site survey form), or with some of the information already added into a new cert, such as client details etc, then take that onsite and fill in the blanks as I go. Then back home enter the remaining details into the form and print it out. The software checks I haven't missed anything, and does some checking of the values entered. It also keeps track of all my certs, and includes an online backup facility so all those I've issued are safe even if I lose my laptop. There is a PDA option if you want to enter the info onsite with one of these devices but I don't use that as I find a pencil much easier to carry around!

I bought some of ebay for £7.99, not quite as easy to use as the above but they are fully editable so you can update them your self when you want and save & add images if required.

ELECTRICAL TEST CERTIFICATES 17th EDITION SOFTWARE DISC on eBay (end time 06-Feb-11 13:46:02 GMT)

i use the same sort of software, pretty decent been using it 3 years now. had to edit columns on test result page quite alot though to fit in numbers better.

i would like to use tysoft easy cert but its a bit pricey for me at the moment. (tried the trial and it looks really good)

I use Hollycroft software. I think it was £295 for the full package and i'm sure they do a simpler package for £195 ish. More than just cert's tho it has office, admin, estimating(lame) and lots of other handy stuff i dont use..yet. I'm pleased but have never used anything else

I use a mixture of programs for different things have castline formfill level 2 full version and cable calc use these for niceic overprint certs then use hollycroft contractor pack for certs like fire alarms and em lighting both of these cost in round 95 + vat but that is for updates and support as cant remember initial outlay for the programs

Only reason is force of habit lol always have etc and the way i sort of keep programs are niceic certs printed on castline and eveything else on hollycroft but in theory the both programs are the same hollycroft has slightly more features but castline to me is a quicker program and for example filling in periodic reports castline provide a drop down list and you just select a fault if it matchs ones on list click the button and its all on cert complete with coding which is handy

We moved from Amtech to Castline Formfill for all certification and I must say, after many updates, that package is now excellent and very good value!

Anyone that buys Hollycroft software is paying well over the odds.
It amazes me that they call it software, because it isn't stand alone, if you don't have word and excel, you're pretty much stuffed. For the money they ask I'd expect stand alone software. All it is is a collection of templates some of which are pretty lame, especially as has already been pointed out the estimating section.

Maybe a daft question but these prices for software are "One off prices" right?

Theres no annual subscription or any other fee's?

anyone help me out on which software to go for for all emergency lights and fire alarm certs aswell as BS7671 certs?

ebay. all certs on a cdrom for a few quid, inc. fire and em lighting. some, though require open office to run, but that's free anyway. the one's i use are called national certs.

got to be worth it at that price, even if find out its no good...

I can see it doing the job though.. Seems very much the same as hollycroft software..

I really like the look of Home - PIRform for elecsa certs... But £75 every year for basic version...??

are all the rest yearly subscriptions.. (excluding ebay certs)

This all depends on what your requirements are, if you do many PIR's, EIC's a week then a good software package is far more professional and can save you and your chaps many hours with multi users and master databases etc.

If on the other hand, you knock out a handful a month then it would be pointless.

the link i've posted is the ones i use. you can't run from the disc, you have to download into your pc. runs with open office. takes a bit of playing with to get used to it, but i find it excellent. does different clours for nic, napit, elecsa as well.

So if you run a buisness with a handfull of blokes working for you you would recommend buying a decent software package? amtech.. easycert etc...

and if your a one man band then the ebay certs are a good choice?

I dont mind paying a one off fee for the software and an unlimted licence key that never expires.... but im not prepared to pay £££ subscription fee's

Reply to Certificate Software. What do you use? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net