Discuss Certificate Software. What do you use? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

He has 100% positive feedback.... there is no neg?

So what didnt you like about the certificates? I'd be interested in seeing a printed out finished cert for myself

i am a one man band (actually 2 man band if you count Patrick who does work for me)

i use easy cert as its professional and yes i have to renew the customer care package once a year but its £60 and if i ever have problems or suggestions on the software they get looked into.!! i would not use any thing other from now on as its a brilliant system that logs all your certs in a safe place as well on a internet server should your pc crash!!

plus that £60 quid is a tax write off so im not fussed!

So you have to buy the customer care package each year otherwise the software is unusable?

What version of easycert do you have..? you have all fire and eme forms?

i found them to be misaligned and a put together very poor. some fonts were different and in general they were nasty!

i used a trial version of easy cert at same time and i found that a much better system.!

eBay Feedback profile for nationalcerts

2nd off top!! i was tempted to go around and smash his face in with his comments he made via email when i asked for a refund!

I use easycert

You need the package to get support or updates,if your program is working fine then it works without updates

I need to renew my package, but I will wait until the 17th update is released then renew then (you get a year from when you renew, not when the renewal lapsed)

That way it's an extra few months between upgrades

I must admit their software is good and they listen to feedback

I phoned up and complained that the EIC forms don't let you put in an X (unsatisfactory) in the boxes.
The guy said everything should be ticked OK after the job is finished. My point is that I will do a EIC after a CU change and if I find something wrong (outwith the CU, such as loss of earth continuity on a lighting circuit) I can't put down a cross

They said they would change it on their next update - it was done

Good customer service- you actually get to talk to somoene who knows what their company is doing

In have had their software for a few years and find it good
;)

Last edited:
im thinking about buy test soft wear at the moment got a big job to do pir 290 propertys cant make my mind up on the niceic own make or ametech any info on both would be great.

getting abit confussed now...

So the software licence never expires? i can use the software for the next 10 years if i want to without paying a penny more...

But if i want to update the software to the latest addition then it will cost me £60 for the update and 12 months support?

only got them because there's so many health warnings now on a smoke packet, there's no room to write a bloody EIC.

I got National Certs and have not been able to use them. Went to use Emergency Lighting Cert and all references on them was to an out of date version of BS5266. Told them about this and they said they would amend and send me update - have heard nothing since from them. Totally lost confidence in them now.

To be fair, you get what you pay for here, if you want a nice, sleek up to date package with loads of features like automatic DB schedule printing, automatic PDF creation etc etc then stump up the cash lol!

I used national certs for 5 years, drove me insane!! misaligned, tedious and time consuming crap, two weeks ago i bought pirform.
Pirform is 100000000% better to use, I installed it and gave them a call, 'Rob' the man behind pirform called me straight back and spent a good 30-45 mins demonstrating its features and many usefull shortcuts, the end results are superb!! I highly recommend pirform and the customer support shown to me, i just wish id paid for 'professional' software years ago!!

Reply to Certificate Software. What do you use? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net