Search the forum,

Discuss Changing consumer unit old for new, what to charge? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I love Ayjay's posts. They bring light and amusement to my day. Daz

Let me tell u something mate, I test every job I do and produce a certificate as I have went through all the avenues of getting my qualifications through C and G. Dont judge when you don't know anything about me.

I am a qualified electrician, c and g level 3, 17th edition bs7671 course completed and currently studying for my 2394+5. I SIMPLY WANTED TO KNOW A ROUND A BOUT PRICE. but that's proven to be a big task for the smart arse's on here.

I am a qualified electrician, c and g level 3, 17th edition bs7671 course completed and currently studying for my 2394+5. I SIMPLY WANTED TO KNOW A ROUND A BOUT PRICE. but that's proven to be a big task for the smart arse's on here.

this round a bout cost billions. what sort of round about price did you want?

download (4).jpg

You might want to be a bit more specific about your qualifications, the above post could easily be misinterpreted as saying that you hold the level 3 17th edition qualification only!
I am sure what you meant was that you have completed a full apprenticeship with all associated qualifications, wasn't it? After all you cannot call yourself an electrician if you haven't!

Charge what you're happy to make on the job. If the circuits are sound and no interconnections are going to cause tripping then it will obviously be less than if remedial work is necessary. You have to make the customer aware of this.

You may like to do a mini EICR before hand and charge for this. I've found that a thorough explanation of the process and consequences is enough to elicit the small extra fee for a trouble free board swap.

What board are you thinking of putting in by the way?

Voltz

Yes level 3 c and g 2330, I was going to put in an MK 10 way split load board with a 100A main switch and 2 63A RCD's. 30mA.

The key to your pricing is understanding what others charge, too little and people won't take you seriously, too much and they think you are taking the pxss.

I've got no idea about pricing in Northern Ireland, and I suspect, those on here who are, are highly unlikely to suggest pricing on a public forum.

Hi, I am changing 2 old consumer units to 1 new 17th edition one. I have all equipment just need to know labour costs. Im from northern ireland if that makes a difference?

When I set off down the road of self-employment I asked my accountant how much I should charge as I hadn't a clue.

He told me "Charge the price that you would be happy with." and that was it and that's what I did for almost 27 years.

Things may be different in Northern Ireland though.

That doesn't sit with me Pal, your an electrician? well you obviously know how long it takes to change a Distribution Board, you must know what you require per hour to satisfy your income level yes? why didn't you say "I usually charge x amount guys" does that sound about right etc etc? you want help, at least try to help yourself by attempting to give as well as take.

Reply to Changing consumer unit old for new, what to charge? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back