Search the forum,

Discuss Changing consumer unit old for new, what to charge? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeah me too pal, the 2330 is considered the industry standard now, I have no idea of it's merit though, that is 6 months at college, how things have changed it was 7 years in Tels day lol

You busy Mike.? Much on.
No I only do maintenance now, part time really, I do a few days and then have the best part of a week off, then a few more days and a week off again etc etc, general maintenance to plant and genny's etc, life is good at the moment, I might stay this way for a few years then retire early completely, there is more to life than work mate.

No I only do maintenance now, part time really, I do a few days and then have the best part of a week off, then a few more days and a week off again etc etc, general maintenance to plant and genny's etc, life is good at the moment, I might stay this way for a few years then retire early completely, there is more to life than work mate.

Yeah good on yeah, It's bloody hard for use old sweats, that's why I am in metering now, don't think I could do it now Mike.!! It's a younger man's game, we done our bit. lol

Yeah me too pal, the 2330 is considered the industry standard now, I have no idea of it's merit though, that is 6 months at college, how things have changed it was 7 years in Tels day lol

Aye and it was D C an'all.

Micky Faraday spoke well of him mind - said he was a canny apprentice!

I can tell you now this lad has done a four year apprenticeship through ett irish sparks don't do 5 week wonder courses (although with a name like linfield you'd probably be better leaving it to cliftonville sparks)

I can tell you now this lad has done a four year apprenticeship through ett irish sparks don't do 5 week wonder courses (although with a name like linfield you'd probably be better leaving it to cliftonville sparks)
4 years maybe, I never said otherwise, but the course takes 20 weeks to complete 14 weeks for level 2 and 6 weeks for level 3, I suppose on day release it may take 2 years, I am fully aware he is not a Electrical Trainee, I said so a couple of posts back.

Why can’t people realise asking for guidance prices in open forum just isn’t on.

From what I’ve learnt from the lads on here customers aren’t backward when it comes to checking prices.

Being an employee, I’ve never had to price for my electrical work “only” do costings for materials. That would usually result in an argument with the accountants and buying department. They were bloody good at checking prices.

isnt 17th and pat both level 3?

Remarkably & Laughably they ARE both level 3 Qualifications!! and both i believe ''Open Book'' Examinations Too!!

Jesus, when i look back on all the examinations that i have gone through during training and beyond, Not one of those qualification exams were ''Open Book'' You either studied hard enough to pass or you bloody well failed. No multiple choice questions to take a chance stab at either!! ...lol!!

Remarkably & Laughably they ARE both level 3 Qualifications!! and both i believe ''Open Book'' Examinations Too!!

Jesus, when i look back on all the examinations that i have gone through during training and beyond, Not one of those qualification exams were ''Open Book'' You either studied hard enough to pass or you bloody well failed. No multiple choice questions to take a chance stab at either!! ...lol!!

You're right there Eng even the AP courses I took over the years were closed book, I must have done about 10 of them, only 2 electrical which had to be refreshed after 3 years, open book exams my backside, they aren't exams there to see if you can read a book properly, I not knocking the guys that take them if that's what they have to do then so be it, but it is laughable

Who said anything about 6 weeks for an NVQ?

Was mentioned earlier in the thread. The 2330 is the course that was offered for quite a while by 'proper' colleges, usually tied to an apprenticeship, it takes at least 2 years to complete, not 20 weeks, Most sparks my age and younger gained our basic qualifications via this route. No way a Electrical Trainee course!

Was mentioned earlier in the thread. The 2330 is the course that was offered for quite a while by 'proper' colleges, usually tied to an apprenticeship, it takes at least 2 years to complete, not 20 weeks, Most sparks my age and younger gained our basic qualifications via this route. No way a Electrical Trainee course!

I also qualified with a 2330, but it certainly isn't an NVQ, that was the other qualification I completed alongside it.
Also it probably was 20weeks in total, but that was drawn out by doing only one day a week during term time and also doing the NVQ during those days aswell.

Reply to Changing consumer unit old for new, what to charge? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock